Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T.V.A and Homeowners Assn.

Post Thanks / Like

Default T.V.A and Homeowners Assn.

I hope someone has any information concerning this.I live in a subdivsion that has a Homeowner's Assn.It is not mandatory to be a memberThere is a road on T.V.A.property that is an access road to the HOA.permited fishing dock and launch ramp.The access road has been there for 50 years.In the last 2 years the HOA.has had a change of board members.The T.V.A. has allowed the HOA.to install a gate across the access road,blocking the access for the rest of the non members of the subdivision.According to the HMO.you are not allowed to even walk on the road.I've read 26A of the T.V.A.regulations,
    nothing allowing a gate or the rite to block any type of access to T.V.A.property.Need 2nd opinion other than T.V.A.

Post Thanks / Like

It may be that the current board has the right to block the road to non-members as you say "to the HOA.permited fishing dock and launch ramp." They may have obtained permission on the grounds that only HOA members use the dock and launch ramp.

Now if the TVA had a launch ramp and fishing dock by using the same road I don't believe the HOA could block it.

Probably trying to force the non members to join!!!!

Just my 2cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the HOA By-Laws? I would be going over those with a fine toothed comb.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool No Way

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I hope someone has any information concerning this.I live in a subdivsion that has a Homeowner's Assn.It is not mandatory to be a memberThere is a road on T.V.A.property that is an access road to the HOA.permited fishing dock and launch ramp.The access road has been there for 50 years.In the last 2 years the HOA.has had a change of board members.The T.V.A. has allowed the HOA.to install a gate across the access road,blocking the access for the rest of the non members of the subdivision.According to the HMO.you are not allowed to even walk on the road.I've read 26A of the T.V.A.regulations,
    nothing allowing a gate or the rite to block any type of access to T.V.A.property.Need 2nd opinion other than T.V.A.
    No one is allowed to block or deny access to TVA property other than TVA. Government tax dollars built & maintained that road. You and I own that road and property.

Also if you own property that has TVA property "land locked" you have to grant public access by way of easement thru your property. That's a fact.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers View Post
    No one is allowed to block or deny access to TVA property other than TVA. Government tax dollars built & maintained that road. You and I own that road and property.

Also if you own property that has TVA property "land locked" you have to grant public access by way of easement thru your property. That's a fact.
    This makes me wonder if the TVA really "allowed" the gate across the access road. I would go direct to the TVA authorities first, so as to get their side of the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Worked for TVA 35 years, If its TVA land you can not put the gate up, I live in ALA. and that land is mine also, now TVA can close it but I don"t think HOA can , just my 2cents
    HOA just don"t like you ,Ha lol, We have alot of Sub. down here and and if Tva had a boat input there for years it"s still used by all if you want to! just drive right in the sub. and put your boat in
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Our neighborhood (has a HOA) has a boat ramp to Lake Chick, but the road to the dock is in the neighborhood, so not really the same situation as you I don't think. But, it does have a locked gate. Mainly to keep people who don't live here from using the ramp. Personally, I like it for it's easier to launch here opposed to a public ramp.

Anyway, TVA has it's own lawyers and such. Go to the link and scroll to the bottom of the page to where it says Environmental. They have a 1-800 to call or you can post a question.

TVA: Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your input.These are some of the answers I got form T.V.A."You are certainly welcome to use T.V.A. property if you can gain access to this to this property without crossing adjoining private property.We just cannot grant you or other non members access over this road"Another answer from T.V.A empolyee."If you can gain access from an adjoining neighbor,or can access it by boat,you are more than welcome to fish along the shoreline."Another answer."You are not allowed to drive on the access road with a motor vehicle,unless you are pulling a trailer & boat.The road was built by the original developer of the subdivision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Thank you all for your input.These are some of the answers I got form T.V.A."You are certainly welcome to use T.V.A. property if you can gain access to this to this property without crossing adjoining private property.We just cannot grant you or other non members access over this road"Another answer from T.V.A empolyee."If you can gain access from an adjoining neighbor,or can access it by boat,you are more than welcome to fish along the shoreline."Another answer."You are not allowed to drive on the access road with a motor vehicle,unless you are pulling a trailer & boat.The road was built by the original developer of the subdivision.
    So, the road was not built with tax payer money?? But it is on TVA land??

Post Thanks / Like

Default T.V.A.and Homeowners

Yes the road is on T.V.A. land.There is a county road that leads to the gate.The gate is on T.V.A.land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast