Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: going to bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Smile going to bucksaw

me and smitty79 are going to bucksaw for the first time for spring camp. i was wanting to know how do most of you fish that area. i jig, spider rig, and pull crank baits. i don,t know if water temp. would be up enough pull bandits that time of year.i guess i,ll spider @ jig. what do you all think.:

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would venture to say that fish will be caught in all stages of the spawn that week. So from casting roadrunners to the bank to spider rigging the first breaklines from the bank to dipping trees in deeper water should all catch fish. I prefer the breakline fish myself to try and pick up some big females that have yet to spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would pull any cranks unless you want to lose them. Truman has a lot of tree's and most times you will only want one rod in your hand at a time. Either casting slip bobbers to the bank or verticle jigging tree's or break lines. You can spider rig in some areas but for the most part it is a one rod lake. On the up side you will catch so many fish that one rod is all you will want. Also be very careful while motoring around there are a lot of tree's just under the water that will rip a lower unit off. I ripped off 2 transducer's last year and I felt lucky to have my motor intact.

Post Thanks / Like

hi dad!!! thanks for the info guys. this will b our time on truman.
    do yall have any info on what colors would be best. i use crappie thunder type roadrunners when casting most of the time.

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Wink sorry

i ment to say first time on truman!!! but i hope it will b "our time" LOL!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Others will have much better advice than me, but I have had the best luck with blue/white and red/chartruese
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would add blk/char and wht/char also.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget orange/char.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Wink thanks guys

i usually try to keep them colors in the box.
    especially blue/white n black/chart.
    i would like to know just how many fish have been caught on them over the years!!!

i have good luck on anything with hot pink,chart. or red.
    also punkinseed,orange, bright green or electric blue.
    almost all the fish ive caught this year so far(not that many by the way!!!)
    have been on some slab daddy jiggs i got at christmas in hot pink/chart. and orange head black body orange n green tail.

thanks again and keep that good info coming i need all the help i can get!!!LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends if Truman is in flood stage or not, seems like every year the the water rises during the Crappie spawn. I use blk/chart and pumpkin/chart jigs a lot in the spring but it usually don't matter as long as you put a jig in front of their face.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast