Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Heaton-super sensative

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Heaton-super sensative

Anybody know anything about these rods? I'm looking for something in the 7' or 7'6" range and was looking at these on the B n M website. This will be a casting rod for jigs or tossing floats and minnows. How sensative are they? I like a rod with a fast tip and little bit of backbone. Say light to med-light is what I like, and having never had one of these in my hands, I don't want to purchase if this is not what would suit my needs.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

i only have one of tha sam heaton super sensitives and it is a ten footer. i mainly vertical jig and it is very sensitive and light. i have 9 other ten footers and it is by far my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy it! Great rod for casting light jigs! I have a 7' and it's by far the best I've ever used for swimming jigs. It's extremely sensitive and still has plenty of backbone for the occasional bass. They are also very lightweight. I don't use my 7' for minnow and float fishing. I have a 10' Sam Heaton for pitching slip floats and minnows, and a 12' I use for jig and cork. I've used several of the BnM and other rods, and the Sam Heaton series is by far my favorite. The longer ones are also great for vertical jigging.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10ft'er and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I to have the 10 footer and I love the rod. I would like to try the 7 footer

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 10'er that I use for vertical jigging and love them.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

You should check out the B&M float & fly Rod for casting.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3- 10 footers and I really like them. Great rods. I have broken plenty of other rods, and these stand up to the test. Just wish I'd have been able to use them the last few months.

I hate winter, but I guess you can't have spring, summer, and fall without winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have broken all my sam heatons so I started using the crappie wizzards and haven't had any problems with them. I also bought a 8'2" outlaw rod an love it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7.6 BnM Crappie Wizard. Great for pitching a cork. I'm on my fourth Sam Heaton Super Sensitive all 12'. Tips broke on the other 3. One of them was my fault. The other 2 BnM replaced the second piece. Good customer service. After the third one broke. I said I was done with this rod. The reason I bought another one. Still one of the most Sensitive rods on the market. I just love they way they feel. I mostly vertical jig.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast