Post Thanks / Like

Default spyware

whats the best spyware to get? I'm talkin free download stuff
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Avast
    AVG
    Malwarebytes

I presume you meant to REMOVE the stuff.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation fishinrod ....

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    whats the best spyware to get? I'm talkin free download stuff
    go to Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and look at the top picks for downloaded programs (right hand side of the page) .... you will see that the top four downloads are anti-virus freeware programs. All of them are good (else they wouldn't be so popular :p )

I'm currently using #3 & #4 (Avast & Malwarebytes) .... but I've also downloaded the free version of "Superantispyware" superantispyware free edition downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and it helped me get rid of a trojan that the other programs couldn't/didn't recognize.

Any ONE of them is better than NONE of them ... and two or more of them isn't overkill The free versions are more than up to the task of keeping your system protected ... some free versions just have to be manually updated (Avast does not, it's auto updating), but even so, manually updating every few days or so will usually keep you in the ball park.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using "Spybot" for several years and have been really happy with it, it does a good job of finding those little critters and getting rid of them.

Shep

Post Thanks / Like

SuperAntispyware, free version been useing it for years

Post Thanks / Like

I was using AVG until I got a virus none of them could get rid of. I ended up using a trail download from McAfee, Norton Anti-Virus. It not only got rid of the virus, it found a ton of other stuff and got rid of them too. Worked so well I decided I needed to pop for the $35 complete version, good for one year and can be used on 3 pc.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    go to Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and look at the top picks for downloaded programs (right hand side of the page) .... you will see that the top four downloads are anti-virus freeware programs. All of them are good (else they wouldn't be so popular :p )

I'm currently using #3 & #4 (Avast & Malwarebytes) .... but I've also downloaded the free version of "Superantispyware" superantispyware free edition downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com and it helped me get rid of a trojan that the other programs couldn't/didn't recognize.

Any ONE of them is better than NONE of them ... and two or more of them isn't overkill The free versions are more than up to the task of keeping your system protected ... some free versions just have to be manually updated (Avast does not, it's auto updating), but even so, manually updating every few days or so will usually keep you in the ball park.

... cp
    Can you download and use these if you already have antivirus program running? I have downloaded and am using Microsoft Security Essentials (also free). I recently had my email password hacked and would send strange emails to everyone in my address book with weird links, several times a day. What type of "virus" is that is spyware what you need for it?
    BSRRofl

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation B S R ....

Quote Originally Posted by BigSandyRookie View Post
    Can you download and use these if you already have antivirus program running? I have downloaded and am using Microsoft Security Essentials (also free). I recently had my email password hacked and would send strange emails to everyone in my address book with weird links, several times a day. What type of "virus" is that is spyware what you need for it?
    I'm running Malwarebytes, Avast, & Superantispyware ... and usually one or the other will catch anything that happens to try and attack my system. So, even if you have MSE downloaded .... I don't think they will interfere with each other. Spybot Search & Destroy used to pick on other antivirus & antispyware programs, and try and disable them (calling them viruses :p ) but I don't know if that still happens.

I would think that a trojan program, or a real live hacker would have to be responsible for getting into your email account. Antivirus programs should root out a trojan program ... but, it might take a computer geek to rid you of a hacker.

Read this : Someone's sending from my email address! How do I stop them?! ..... and this : Viruses: How do I keep myself safe from Viruses? ... and see if any of this applies to your situation, and if it helps.

... cp

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pappy!! Downloaded Malwarebytes and it is currently scanning.. It has already found 10 infected files that MSE missed!!
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up It's been my experience that .....

Quote Originally Posted by BigSandyRookie View Post
    Thanks Pappy!! Downloaded Malwarebytes and it is currently scanning.. It has already found 10 infected files that MSE missed!!
    Malwarebytes is really good at removing the "fake" antispyware program virus known as Antivirus 2009. It's a good thing too, since it has launched itself twice on my computer. If I was running the "paid" version of Malwarebytes, this trojan would never have made it onto my computer. The full (paid) version would have blocked the website from being entered, and it would have shown me a popup stating that the site was infected. As it is, though ... even the free version will "remove" it

It didn't, however, find the AdWare Rogue trojan that hit my system earlier this month. Superantispyware was downloaded & run ... problem solved.

That's why I have several of these programs on my system. If one fails to clean up the intruder, I run the others. And, if they all fail ... I go searching for another one that can

... luck2ya .... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast