Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockton today for me stunk!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Stockton today for me stunk!

Found huge balls of shad so thick they would black out the screen, drop into them and you could feel them hitting your line but not one bite. Switched baits 10 or so times and did not make any difference. It was a balmy 40 degress with drizzle all morning. Final gave up just after 12:00 and went and had a hamburger which was the highlight of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom we found

lots of shad Friday, would troll through them and you line wouln't even stwitch, but if you pulled up, wham you snagged large 5 to 8" shad...... not a bump from a crappie........ just shad....... we found coffee at Mcdonalds our highlight of the day...........:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer! Sorry to hear you had a bad day on Stockton.
    You'll get 'em next time:p
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe those shad balls consisted of shad just too big for the crappie to feed on? I usually just keep moving. Listen to me.......it's been so long since I went out that I can't possibly know what the hell I'm talking about. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Better than my day of cleaning and waxing truck. Here it is almost 7 p.m. and I still didn't get it done. Obviously the truck is too big. Better luck next time buddy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Never meet a SKUNK that didn't STUNK.

Gotta use those nibbles! Keep after'em.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

We also had the same problem at JR's trained crappie lake. Good to see you Tom & nice to meet Randy. We hit sail boat cove & Stockton City ramp cove lots of schools of shad & good brush piles & not a bite one from 830am to 1230 pm. Loaded up came home. Sling to busters to swim minnows tube jigs hair jigs all junk today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Maybe those shad balls consisted of shad just too big for the crappie to feed on? I usually just keep moving. Listen to me.......it's been so long since I went out that I can't possibly know what the hell I'm talking about. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    That is a very good point that I did not think of even though we did fish 6 different coves. The biggest ball was from 7 to 40 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WantinCrappie View Post
    Better than my day of cleaning and waxing truck. Here it is almost 7 p.m. and I still didn't get it done. Obviously the truck is too big. Better luck next time buddy.
    Just find a detailer, they can probably do it in 2 hours and then you'll have more time to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the problem......

Didn't get out till after 4:00.....found a school in calm water....Caught 12 keepers on bobbers set 4' deep and small Lucky Craft jerkbait!!!! Got bored with them and moved out into the wind....found another school, finished his limit and added 8 more for me.......These were over 22 to 32 FOW....still eatin' shad....went to walleye fishin'.....nothin'
    Let's go Fishin'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast