Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good trip To TB for Bayou City Boys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good trip To TB for Bayou City Boys

Big Dave and Jigster of the Bayou City Crappie Club in Houston had a good taste of what TB crappie are all about. They fished both vertical and pitched to submerged structure. The crappie threw us a little curve just like they always do when you think you’ve got them nailed down. They decided to move on down the river channel a bit from where we had found them on Friday afternoon, but we went on the hunt and found them for a strong Sunday finish. Saturday was a full day of fishing with Friday and Sunday being half days. They caught just under 200 crappie total, for the three trips. They took about 60 lbs of filets back to Houston with them. They said this wouldn’t be the last trip to TB for them. It was a real pleasure fishing with them both and sharing techniques.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Robinson's Lodge
    Toledo Bend
    accommodations and guide service
    936-368-2211
    Toledobendlodge.com
    Keep what you need, Release the rest, Protect the resource.

Kevin A Guest

Default Huxley Bay

Greetings Mark,

Nice pictures you have uploaded. I'm Kevin from the DFW area. Last Monday (Dec12) I fished out of Huxley with a buddy. (we were in the 14 ft. aluminum with the 25hp Mariner). We met Bob and he gave us your card. We had a great time. (caught 65) I've been trying to get on the message board ever since but I kept getting a message that the administrator would have to approve me first. Well, guess I was finally approved. Anyway, I see you have been posting on a regular basis. I appreciate the valuable info. I will be checking this board regularly now. Today, another buddy of mine was supposed to fish from there. I have not yet heard how he did but if the fish were biting, he probably did well. Hopefully, I'll be back down there soon and if I have any friends from here that need a guide, I will be sure to send them your way. Take care, keep posting.

Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin A; 12-19-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome bunch of fish Big Dave and Jigster. I told you Mark would put you on the fish. Was the accommondations as good as I told you. How many did you catch from the ole cypress tree leaning down from the shallow bank? LOL Later R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Awsome bunch of fish Big Dave and Jigster. I told you Mark would put you on the fish. Was the accommondations as good as I told you. How many did you catch from the ole cypress tree leaning down from the shallow bank? LOL Later R & R
    R&R,

We were blown away by how great it was. We caught fish of the laydown Friday and Saturday, but by Sunday had to move a bit south to find fish. It was awsome. Read my full report I posted today.