Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daiwa SS700..what do you think of this reel?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daiwa SS700..what do you think of this reel?

I was just wondering what you thought of the SS700. I picked up one over the winter and used it friday for the first time. I like the long cast I get out of it, and was wondering if I should get another one. Have you used one? Do you have one? What do you think of this reel?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good brand and if you like it and want another you should get one.

I prefer Shimano myself, but they're all good!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak for the SS700. I have had 2 Daiwa reels. Bought them on sale about ten years ago. One of them was ok, the other I did not like at all. Gave that one away. I'm a Shimano man as well. All my reels are Shimano, with the exception of a couple of Browning Citori and a Abu-Garcia
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT reel. Best UL reel ever in that price range, IMO. It's an old model, but they keep making them. That should tell you a lot.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 03-14-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the "Dial"??on the foot of the reel?

Post Thanks / Like

Default the dial

It is a roller. The bail will hit that roller when you open it sometimes. That roller will knock it off to the side so it will open. That is why this reel does not have a instant antireverse. It has a antireverse...it is just not "instant". I like this reel alot even though it is not as smooth as my Presidents are. It will cast farther than most light reels I have used. I was just wanting some input from you guys if you have used them before. Thanks for the replies...B.L.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN View Post
    Can't speak for the SS700. I have had 2 Daiwa reels. Bought them on sale about ten years ago. One of them was ok, the other I did not like at all. Gave that one away. I'm a Shimano man as well. All my reels are Shimano, with the exception of a couple of Browning Citori and a Abu-Garcia
    I'm like Piginthepigpen. I haven't had a lot of luck with Daiwa's on their longevity. The ones I've had are wonderful at first, but it seems like mine have broken down before long. May just be coincidence, but I've gone to Shimano's as well.

On the other hand, if you like the reel and are having a good experience with it, you probably ought to get another.