Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Northeast Michigan Ice Fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northeast Michigan Ice Fishing?

Well its time to go for the yearly trip to the cold north country over Christman and I do look forward to the ice fishing on Fletchers Floodwaters. Last year was the first time I did the ice fishing thing and I must admit that it was fun catching those Pike. What I would like to know is where in that area could I go to catch some Walleye and Crappie through the ice? Anyone that knows the area and would share some info I would greatly appreciate it. Not much Walleye fishin here in North carolina and those are some good table fare. Pike is good also but I just havent quite got the hang of how to clean em and get that Y bone out. Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

I go up every year too, being that's where I'm from. I don't go as far north though. My parents live in Kent county 30 miles north of Grand Rapids. I'm not sure about the fishing up that far but, if your talking the east side of the state it would be worth the drive down to Saginaw bay for those walleyes. Used to fish it when I was a kid. One of the best walleye fisheries in MI.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD