Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Douglas Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Douglas Report

Caught several today above Swanns. Brought home 13 keepers. Slow day.
    Anyone else fish Douglas today? Any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Default indian creek

my partner and i fished Indian creek saturday.....point 14.... from 7 am until
    4:30pm.....both of us had our limits and he probably threw back about 9-10 keepers....we caught most of them about 8- 10 ft deep after lunch....we used home made flies...1/ 16 and 1/32.......red head with chartreuse hair and dark blue on dark blue worked real good for him..........the bite was real slow
    saw some other guys there also doing real well.................fished the same area saturday a week ago and had 16-18 total keepers
    good luck to all..............

Post Thanks / Like

We fished at Nina Holler again today. Was there from about 9am till sunset. Long hard day but we managed to bring home 19.

Did you fish at point 14 or up in Indian Creek? Im guessing its too shallow up in Indian Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian creek

We fished only from point 14 down to the bridge. All on the left side.
    We did try to fish back in indian creek , two weeks ago and even marked some fish there but the water got real shallow , real quick.
    Forgot to mention that we caught a few good fish early saturday at the S house before you get to point 14.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished friday started out good till the wind got up had six good crappie and two sauger.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

After Wednesday, I am on vacation till after New Years. So Thurs, Fri, and Saturday, Ill be fishing. Weather is supposed to be nice with sunny skies and temp in the low 50's.

COLDWATER: If the crappie are still slow Thursday at Swanns, I will go check out point 14 Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Charger 4404spd

Charger..Years ago I had "69" Charger w/ 4404. Run like a cat with turpentine on his bare butt. I have fished Douglas since I was a kid with my Grandfather and used to do pretty good. Now I (in my late 40's) I take my youngest daughter and always git skunked...maybe one. Very embrassing. I use different colored jisgs such as blue/grey, green/red head and just about every color available. Usually fish Flatt and Muddy Creeks. Never have fished above Swann's Bridge or Nina creek (Don't even know how to get there). Oh well! Keep catching them and take care of that "best car ever built! Merry Christmas!
    Sincerely,
    Jeff Spangler
    Flyer904

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments on the Charger. She is fast and its a blast to drive. SHe doesnt get driven a whole lot due to the values keep rising. I do drive her to shows and cruise-ins and pretty weekends.

Now to fishing. We fish Muddy Creek also up till a couple weeks ago. Now the crappie have moved up river to Swanns and Nina. Swanns boatdock is on Hwy 25/70. If your coming from Knoxville on I-40 east, get off the first White Pine exit after the I40 I81 split. I think its exit 424. Get off the exit, bear right and take the first left. That takes you over Swanns bridge and the dock is on the right, cant miss it.

We caught our limit there yesterday, going back here in a little while. Yeah I know its xmas eve, but you gotta go when their biting right?

I only use a blue fly with chartruse head and minnow. Rarely do I ever use any other color. Sometimes a white fly if we are trolling.

By the way, when you cross Swanns Bridge, look up river, you will see where all the fishermen are. The first holler after the bridge is Nina Holler.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Douglas Friday and Saturday. Caught our limit both days. Yeehaa!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Thanks for info Charger 4404spd

Guess I'll be heading toward Swann's and Nina. Are you trolling or just drift fishing? My youngest daughter (she's 14) loves to fish (guess she takes it from me), but it is pretty disappointing, as well as, embrassing when she is really hoping to catch something-but ends up empty handed. Also what size of jig are you using? Any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas!
    Sincerely,
    Jeff Spangler
    Flyer904

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast