Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norman 3/13 w/ Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norman 3/13 w/ Pics

Hit the water nice and early today about 6:20 or so. Headed to the usual spot near the mouth of Ramsey Creek. Got set up and was fishin for about 15 minutes when I looked across the shoal markers and saw birds diving in the Hot Hole. We cranked up and headed over there as fast as we could. We got there and marked fish like crazy. We were in a striper blitz. We quick put down the downlines and started throwing crankbaits ans softbaits. Never got hits on lures, but caught about 3 stripers there and 2 big perch. Bite lasted about an hour. Then we headed back to the usual spot. Caught another striper there. Then another nice perch. Then we headed in a back of a secret cove to look for perch, but caught another striper instead. Ran into a guide and he only caught 2 stripers :D that made us feel good. Outfished a guide. Total fish caught: 5 stripers between 18" and 20", 3 foot long perch, and 1 spotted bass. Using shiners. Off the water by 11:30 or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a good feeling . . . outfishing the local guide.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

You better be glad we left when we did, cause its HOWLING now, like 20-25mph and gusty.
    I don't fish because I want to, I fish because I HAVE to !

Moma tried real hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you would leave those stripers in the lake. Let them grow, they are alot more fun to catch when they are 10lbs and bigger like they used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lildevil_66 View Post
    I wish you would leave those stripers in the lake. Let them grow, they are alot more fun to catch when they are 10lbs and bigger like they used to be.
    If we don't keep em, the others will.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I know, but we all need to start conserving when we can. I know of several people trying to get the kreel limit and size limits changed and I hope they do. I watched a group of "Asians" pull out about 30-40 small stripers out of the the Marshall hot hole one day and no game warden there to put a stop to it. I remember hearing of 15-20lb fish being caught regularly out of the lake and would love to see that again someday. Without turning them back after being caught the 5 and 6lb fish will never get to their potential. Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't have to go any futher in your explanation then when you said "Asians". They will keep and eat all the fish they catch. Period. And it's a crying shame they aren't enough Game Wardens to go around, to be able to contol the violators. Only in America. And oh yeah, good job on that catch pearch jerker. I'll bet ya'll had a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have said so myself, congrats on the catch. Not trying to rain on your successful day. BTW...welcome shootr

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch, you done good and enjoy eating them .

Post Thanks / Like

good job guys, always great to outfish a guide!!

enjoy eating them! its not like yall fish every day and catch fish every time, so enjoy em!

about small fish coming out of norman...its not the amount of fish kept thats the problem. its the lack of bait in the lake. i can go on and ramble about the ins and outs, but we'll use lake Wateree for example......8+ lb fish are common in there, the stock/kept ratio is way up there, but the big ones are still common out of that lake with a 10 fish limit.

also Racoon, your a popular guy...says your inbox is full and you need to clean it out! givin you some more brush info!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast