Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 14' Capps and Coleman rods ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default 14' Capps and Coleman rods ??

Thinking about trying these rods out for Spider Rigging . And powder trolling with them also. Wondering if I'm looking for way more out of these rods then I will get ?
    Anyone that has them feel free to give me your thoughts on these rods.
    12ft or 14ft.
    How much weight you can run with them? And still feel and see fish hit them?
    How much bend they have when spider rigging at say .7 MPH or somewhere around that with enough weight to keep the lines straight down?

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Thinking about trying these rods out for Spider Rigging . And powder trolling with them also. Wondering if I'm looking for way more out of these rods then I will get ?
    Anyone that has them feel free to give me your thoughts on these rods.
    12ft or 14ft.
    How much weight you can run with them? And still feel and see fish hit them?
    How much bend they have when spider rigging at say .7 MPH or somewhere around that with enough weight to keep the lines straight down?

Pete
    Honestly think you may be asking too much of them to "power" troll. they are very similar to the bgjp series. i have them and really like them for slow vertical trolling, but i honestly don't think i'd use them regularly with a weight over 3/4 oz. 1 oz would be pushing the limits of the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

open/clear water and experienced=14 ft.
    stumpy/muddy and not a great troller=12 ft.
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys 1 oz may well be about all the wight I will need most times. I use 12 to 16ft rods now. And use them to fish open waters to Reel Foot. Rod Length has to be at least 12ft . So I may have to just look for a rod thats more toward the Power trolling rod. And just use it for Spider Rigging also. AS if I'm fishing in the hot or cold. I'm using floats on my spider Rig rods anyway.
    aBarkey I got your Pm and may be calling later on today.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

the pro staff trolling rods are great, very strong. made by B-n-M
    SHUTUPANDFISH!!! SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, NOT MY INTENTION, MUST HAVE BEEN A GATOR OR LONGHORN FAN. ROLL AGAIN TIDE. HOOAH!

Post Thanks / Like

There was a thread on the Arkansas board a few months ago where this was discussed the consensus seemed to be to use the Capps & Coleman poles if you don't use a lot of weight and for a light bite, use the Wally Marshall tightline specials if you use really heavy weights and that the B & M prostaff trolling poles were a pretty good compromise.