Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randleman lake report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randleman lake report

Hey All.
    The green carp are takin over.Every body was gettin them,we saw them between 1 and 10 lbs today.We did not catch a crappie and the lake warden said he has not seen one come in yet.We trolled 10 rodsw/jigs from bout 11:00 till 5:30 and only got 2 bites,1 3lb catfish and 1 5.5 lb green carp both on crappie jigs.The lake warden said he didnt know if they stocked crappie on not,anyone know how to find out? EVERYBODY FUSSIN BOUT THE $15.00 LAUNCH FEE!
    Have a Crappie day!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep them bass rockets over there- better there than Jordan or Harris.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that $15 every time u launch a boat? Wow, that is too much to fish there. Yeah would be nice to know if crappies are there, i am pretty sure they are. Curious to see how big there are. Also how about other fish like white bass or stripers, anyone caught those yet?

Post Thanks / Like

They Did Not Stock Crappie, Just Bass And Cats, It 15 Bucks Per Boat With 3 People, Anything After That Is 5 Bucks A Head Everytime You Launch.and You Have To Have A Bucket With A Lip For Waste.
    BigCat

Post Thanks / Like

I think Greensboro news and record ran a story the day it opened and said they stocked Crappie, but it was false.
    BigCat

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't stock them, but I can't see how they are not in there. The Deep River comes out of Oak Hollow and Jamestown City Lake and both have good crappie #'s.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yeah, Im Sure They Are In There They Were In The River And All The Farm Ponds That Were Taken Into The Lake.
    BigCat

Post Thanks / Like

I can personally vouch for about 400 crappie I have put in there since it started filling up good. Most between 12 and 15 inches. I put them in the spring full of eggs and fall. Along with lots of little ones. Also 2 of my friends were doing the same thing. We were planning on fishin there in our retired years since we only live 4 miles from the lake. But the 15.00 fee has ended that idea. Don't be surprised now to see Guilford County raise the rates on all the city lakes they control.
    ENOMAN:D

Post Thanks / Like

$15 is alot for such a small lake. Where and who uses the revenues for the fees. At that rate it should be trophy lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the other day that the tiny Oka T Hester city catfish pond has posted signs requiring a $1 to fish from the bank now; used to be free. Personally I think local residents at least should be able to fish and launch for free or at a discount, since their taxes and drinking water bills pay for the lakes in the first place. $15 launch fee for the new Randleman Lake is outrageous. I guess they don't want any boaters on their nice new lake unless they are wealthy.
    Mitchell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast