Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: T250 Driftmaster Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default T250 Driftmaster Question

I am about 80 % sure I am buying 2 of these systems for spider rigging from the bow of the boat. However...I also like to drift for Catfish, and when I do this, I drift sideways, so I would want to move the rod holders from the front of the boat to the side.

So...my question is this...what would I need to do to move these from the front of the boat, to the side of the boat depending on what I am gunning for? Would I need to install 4 bases, or do they even have bases??? I would like to know before I order, so I get everything I need at one time.

I can't find anywhere around town where I can see them. If I could get a look at one, I guess I'd know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get extra base and mount them were you think you will need them.
    Grizzlyjig.com has them for 114.95, extra base's are 11.95. They are very good people to deal with. I think you will be very happy with the T-250, I know I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto Sportsman.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You need some advice from a person who uses Driftmaster.

I am a guide and a full service dealer for Driftmaster. There are some questions you need to ask that we could better answer on the phone. Please call me at 336-249-6782. You may not want the T-250.

Yadkin Guide
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

The DM bases are not very heavy duty IMHO. Most everyone around here had bases 1/4" made at amachine shop. Much more solid. Our local machine shop made up 15 sets and sold them all. I know a lot of folks use the factory bases but they do rock some.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a quality product. You might want to look at there rod toters. Add on to carry the rods vertical.

Post Thanks / Like

Duxrok - I have four sets on my 16 ft boat and love the T250. Extreme Concepts allowed me to purchase exactly what I needed, nothing more or less and provided me the kit prices. I bought two extra bases and mounted each in areas where, depending on the area and weather conditions I can move my entire set up with the twist of one wing nut. also keep in mind that because my boat deck is all alluminum I did not want to drill a large hole into my deck to counter sink the base's nut so Expreme Concepts suggested to me to flip the base. I did and I am as happy as I can be with my set up. If you want to see a picture of a non-professional boat set up let me know and I will get the camera out. Great system for my needs and a great company to work with. Mark in Mississippi

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, Thanks Bonehead

I am glad that the T250 is working well for you. I love them for crappie fishing myself. Just got through using 4 sets today to catch about 60 keeper crappie on High Rock Lake despite the wind.

Yadkin Guide
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies!!! Sorry it took a while to respond, but...I was on vacation without a computer. (I was crappie fishing down at Lake Washington, MS) :good time!!: