Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The U.S.A ain't so Bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The U.S.A ain't so Bad!

For all the whiners and cry babies that claim our government have the tax payers over a barrel and is pouring the coals to us... take a looky here!

The highest taxes in the world- Latest Posts - MSN Money

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what they mean by the "average" rates they cite in the article. Are they really talking about average rates or marginal rates? US marginal rates are plenty high enough for me. Our top marginal rate for individuals is 35%, and our corporate rates are the second highest in the world (behind #1 Japan.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I don't know what they mean by the "average" rates they cite in the article. Are they really talking about average rates or marginal rates? US marginal rates are plenty high enough for me. Our top marginal rate for individuals is 35%, and our corporate rates are the second highest in the world (behind #1 Japan.)
    Those higher rates are for high wage earners in the U.S.... we do have the 50/50 bracket eh!?

Dang!... I thought you were a little sharper than that DB4D

Take the 4 rates (single no child, single 2 children, one earner married couple no child, and one earner married couple 2 children) and add them all together then divide by 4 and it will give you the average rate.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    we do have the 50/50 bracket eh!?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Take the 4 rates (single no child, single 2 children, one earner married couple no child, and one earner married couple 2 children) and add them all together then divide by 4 and it will give you the average rate.:rolleyes:

I know how they came up with those rates, but where are they getting their rates to compute the average? For example, Germany's top rate is 45%, but that isn't shown at all. Plus, income rates are dependent on income amounts, not just filing status. This article just lists filing status and says nothing about income.

Besides, when I'm talking about average tax rates, I mean:

total tax paid divided by total income.

Post Thanks / Like

TAXES- are not just the Federal Income Tax that is levied upon us. Add in medicare and Social Security taxes. Now state income tax and finally city income tax. Now add on sales tax and of course property taxes.

One by itself would not be crippling but these and the ones they want to pass. Cap and trade supposedly to deter global warming just a new way to tax our energy consumption.
    Health care supposedly to provide health care for all americans. Actual aim control of 1/6 of our economy and the ability to tax those who participate and the power to levy fines against those that do not.

The list goes on ad infinitum. One thing that ALL high tax rated countries and states have in common. Floundering economies ,ever stop to think why Texas is thriving in this time of economical woe. Then think of states like Michigan and California. Want to guess which states have the higher tax rate ?

Why must we as a country learn anew what eastern europe and the USSR have learned already ? Ever wonder why we won the Cold War ? Why is it whining when a person points out the obvious ?

In case you did not come up with the right answer it was our ECONOMIC power not our military power that won the cold war. Right now our economical power is being drained by our outstanding deficit and our ever increasing taxes. As our economic power wanes so eventually will our military power.

How can I be so sure of this ? Read the "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire " by Gibbons.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    Want to guess which states have the higher tax rate ?

The blue ones:

Name:  redbluemap360.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  13.3 KB

If that picture looks familiar, it's because it's the 2004 election map.

Interesting how that works out, isn't it?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And they want the rest of us to bail them out. Obama's printing press is just getting warmed up.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    The blue ones:

Name:  redbluemap360.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  13.3 KB

If that picture looks familiar, it's because it's the 2004 election map.

Interesting how that works out, isn't it?
    And this from April last year.

Tax rates: Where does your state rank? - Apr. 14, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

And, this, strictly state income tax comparison.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/ind_inc.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast