Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Great Knot

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Great Knot

Going to post this with a new thread, this is a really neat know, easy to tie and a greater break strength than the trilene knot. It is easy to tie, and fast does anyone else use it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nope haven't used that, but I will try it out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIM 1
    Going to post this with a new thread, this is a really neat know, easy to tie and a greater break strength than the trilene knot. It is easy to tie, and fast does anyone else use it!
    What's it called?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is called the "Davy Knot", a fly fisherman developed it. Stays real small on flies. One of my cronies put this knot, the palomar, the trilene and the improved clinch on scales to test break strength, and this one outperformed them all. I didn't believe him because the trilene, and the others as well, I guess put two strands of line through the eye. This one, just one strand...go figure. Anyway I use all of the time except on braid when I bass fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a very easy knot to tie. I mostly use the Palimar knot on all my hooks and jigs. Will have to try it, thank you.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a figure "8" knot shbown to me by buck perry 35 yrs ago!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knots

Someone posted this a while back- animated knots by grog - its a site on knots and nothing else. Check it out, its pretty neet..

Post Thanks / Like

FD, it could very well be.....I envy you knowing Buck...what memories you must have....Man, this knot just came up on the web awhile back, I tried it and liked it...If Buck came up with this HOORAY! I would a whole lot rather give the credit to someone like him than a TROUT JERKER...lol...

Darn, did you keep anything, or any notes from Buck on this??? If this was his knot, I will go to the wall to get him credit for it!!?? Buck is, and always will be the father of us structure guys... Let us know, OK!!? Thanks man, I really appreciate you bringing this up...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey IF, do you the url on the animated knots site, would love to check it out...Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

www.animatedknots.com I think, if that does'nt work just type in animated knots by grog it will get you there. It is worth checking out..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast