Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driftmaster Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Question

I'm waiting on my Driftmaster T Bar's I ordered to get here. Is it much problem mounting it near the trolling motor which has to be raised and lowered every time I move? I've been using the standard boat rod holders, I'm tired of looking this way and that to see if I have a fish. Not to mention more rods conveniently located.
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

depending on how much room you have in the front of your boat, you may have to twist the t-bar when lowering/raising your t motor. a wingnut adjustment. I swiched from dirftmaster t-bar to Hi-tech stuff.com equip and found these rodholders and t-bars to be more efficient and easier to adjust. check out their website Tomcat2 93 Ranger 481V

Post Thanks / Like

I have to twist mine just a tad when raising and lowering the TM. No biggie, takes 2 seconds. Just ensure the wingnut is snug when you twist it back.

Post Thanks / Like

not a bad idea to mount the holders on a piece of plywood or a short 2 x 4, that way you can actually stand them up in the boat & reposition as needed to determine best mounting position without interferring with the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rodholders

I too have switched over to Hi-Tech rod holder system it is a lot easer to adj. alot more compact a better system all togeather . I set a buddies boat monday with a Minn Kota i-Pilot and a set of Hi-Techs now he ready for serous crappie fishing !!! :D

Gone Fishin Nuff Said

I started with nothing I still have most of it left
    God must like Dumb people for he made a lot of them

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It Depends

If you ordered the T-250 model then it is no problem. There is a wingnut at the top that you loosen and turn the horizontal bar out of the way. Then put it back and tighten the wingnut. It is easily done with your hand or you could use pliers but not required. It is not like some rod holders that you must carry tools to adjust them.

If you ordered the T-118 or the T-009 system you must use a wrench to loosen and swing the horizontal bar.

Check them out at my website www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com

By the way I am only about 35 miles from you in Lexington.

Post Thanks / Like

why does every driftmaster thread always end up being a commercial for hi-tecs?
    God bless America

Post Thanks / Like

Those Hi-Teks look alot like the Bee Ready rod holders they had at the GSO show a while back. I liked them a lot, but would only use them for crappie, so I'll just stick with the Driftmasters that have served me well over the last few years.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, I ordered the T250 so it doesn't sound like I will have much of an issue. Maybe I should have put a post up before I placed the order?
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Who wants to use a pair of pliers to adj. rodholders all the time ??
    On my Key West I used for striper fishing I used Santee Rod Holderthe best !!!

Gone Fishin Nuff Said

I started with nothing I still have most of it left
    God must like Dumb people for he made a lot of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast