Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday morning fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday morning fishing

Alright !
    Finally, am able to get some quality time in on the water.
    Thought I'd run down to St. John's river and Hwy#50.
    Got boat all ready, new prop, camera, chicken livers (for any cats that happen to be around), lures and, planned on motoring over to the bait shop to see if they had shiners yet.
    Told the ole lady "see ya" and took off. The river is awesome, totally flooding all over the plains. Water is right up to bldgs.
    Drove on in to launch, backed boat down, unhooked, launched, parked truck.
    Jumped into boat, pushed off, man what a feeling, has been years since I've put in here.
    Cut motor switch on, turned handle to start, pulled choke, reached down and grabbed squeeze bulb to pump gas to carb, gave a couple squeezes, then, BONK ! Oh NOoooo ! the little fitting connecting the hose to the bulb BROKE !
    CHEEEEEEEEZE ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Am completely helpless, sitting there in the water, an absolutely beautiful morning, and I ain't going anywhere !
    So, had to load boat back up, head home. Halfway home I get the great idea, "Walmart", I whip in, put all my fishing rods, tackle box, and other stuff in cab of truck. Go inside go to fishing area, see fuel lines/bulbs, grab one, buy it, etc, then head out to boat. Fit check = wrong, don't fit. Pack it back in package, take it back in to customer returns, get my money back, CHEEEEEZE ! ! ! !
    Head to K-Mart, they had plenty but none for my Suzuki. Am now back home getting ready to mow the darn yard (gotta trim and edge too).
    Is my only day off a week (Sunday) and am gritting my teeth !
    Still, glad it's a beautiful day, finally we have those hurricanes behind us and Fall is right here on us, was great this morning regardless !
    Have a nice day.
    ( I TRIED ! )
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

What a real bummer! been there with similar mishaps too.

But get everything fixed this week and next sunday you can have that "great getaway"!

Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooded St. John's River

How will the river fish with this much water flowing? I imagine it will have a lot of current.
    I treat all the rubber parts on my motor a couple times a year with Son-of-a-gun for rubber and plastic and it seems to keep them soft and pliable.
    Good luck. Let us know how you do on the river.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309
    Alright !

Finally, am able to get some quality time in on the water.
    Thought I'd run down to St. John's river and Hwy#50.
    Got boat all ready, new prop, camera, chicken livers (for any cats that happen to be around), lures and, planned on motoring over to the bait shop to see if they had shiners yet.
    Told the ole lady "see ya" and took off. The river is awesome, totally flooding all over the plains. Water is right up to bldgs.
    Drove on in to launch, backed boat down, unhooked, launched, parked truck.
    Jumped into boat, pushed off, man what a feeling, has been years since I've put in here.
    Cut motor switch on, turned handle to start, pulled choke, reached down and grabbed squeeze bulb to pump gas to carb, gave a couple squeezes, then, BONK ! Oh NOoooo ! the little fitting connecting the hose to the bulb BROKE !
    CHEEEEEEEEZE ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Am completely helpless, sitting there in the water, an absolutely beautiful morning, and I ain't going anywhere !
    So, had to load boat back up, head home. Halfway home I get the great idea, "Walmart", I whip in, put all my fishing rods, tackle box, and other stuff in cab of truck. Go inside go to fishing area, see fuel lines/bulbs, grab one, buy it, etc, then head out to boat. Fit check = wrong, don't fit. Pack it back in package, take it back in to customer returns, get my money back, CHEEEEEZE ! ! ! !
    Head to K-Mart, they had plenty but none for my Suzuki. Am now back home getting ready to mow the darn yard (gotta trim and edge too).
    Is my only day off a week (Sunday) and am gritting my teeth !
    Still, glad it's a beautiful day, finally we have those hurricanes behind us and Fall is right here on us, was great this morning regardless !
    Have a nice day.
    ( I TRIED ! )