Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: length of boat, motor, and trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default length of boat, motor, and trailer

im in the market for a new boat. ive got my eye on the Lund 1725 Rebel XL sport. i was curious if anyone knows the overall length of this boat or a boat of similar size (17'3") when trailered and stored. so basically im asking for the length from the front of the tongue of the trailer to the back of the motor. id like to know this for storage purposes. any help is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to see if you can get a trailer with a detachable tongue. I have one on mine and it saves me a couple of feet when I store the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

2010 rebel 1725, shorland'r trailer with a folding tongue.

With tongue folded, 18 foot 6 inches to the back of the boat. Add 2 foot 6 inches for a 75 hp mercury using a transom saver which will give you around 21 foot. the fold back on the tongue is 32 inches.

Get the sport, We got the dual console and a lot of cold wind comes in between the two windshields. Put it on the lake two weeks ago and it was 32 degrees that morning after the sun came up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks WE. Looks like it will be about a foot too long to store straight in my garage. I bet I can work something out with it being at an angle and still fit the wife's car. At least I'm gunna tell her it will fit lol.

I am definitely getting the sport. I like the idea of having the windshield to block the wind when goin across the lake.

Also, do you know if lund makes a water ski pylon that will fit in the rear seat base? i dont plan on doing too much skiing but the wife wants to be able to tube behind it so i was hoping to get a pylon to keep the rope out of the motor. I guess if Lund doesnt make one I could probably install a universal one.

Thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like

Trim the motor in gain 6 inches, Turn the motor sideways will help. Also my boat could be moved forward 2-4 inches on the trailer and not hurt. The bunks do not come all the way to the end of the boat, and I just had a tape lying on the floor so I might be just a little long.

I do not know about the pylon. Remember the gas tank is under the middle of the floor but then you have a seat base in the center of the rear deck.

The wife had the ideal that the dual console would give us just a little more room then the full windshield. After the few times we have been able to use it, we know the full windshield would be a lot warmer. But then I was looking at the 1625 and she tells me the extra foot would really help, and she was right about that. It gives you a lot more room between the seats

Since you are thinking about skiing and tubing, you looking at the 90 HP?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for all the garage storage tips. I'll keep them in mind.

And of course I'm looking at the 90 HP, I want as much power as possible. I originally wanted the Lund Explorer due to it being rated for a 115 HP but i just cant afford that right now

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 1700 fisherman with a 90 on it and it fits in a 20' garage.
    I have to fold the tongue to make it fit. Got to have the windshield, the cover for the front is nice too. It makes the boat warmer on those cold mornings.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

redneck, might want to measure an exact setup before you pull the trigger. Some mfg's motors are more setback than others - ie Merc/Yamaha/Evinrude etc.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.