Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lil fishie plastics

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lil fishie plastics

does any one know where can you purchase lil fishie lures.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Wal Mart has them. They work great for stripers and hybrids this time of the year.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro carries them also (at least the one in Charlotte does). They are with the other crappie plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

lil fishies are my go to crappie lure. Never fish without them. I catch everything with them,,,even catfish and walleye.

I have the best luck with the white and gray colored ones. Never had much luck with the chartreuse colors.

Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow on-line, you can get them here :

Post Thanks / Like

BASS PRO SHOPS click on fresh water fishing, in the colunm hit soft baits then panfish. I don't think its the same lure though, these are made by Creme and their spelled different. Lit'l Fishie, a clone I guess.
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 12-15-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah there are definately two types.....one made by Creme and the other by Knight. They are more or less identical and come in the same color patterns. And as already mentioned most Wal-Mart stores carry them, as well as BPS. You will also find them at local bait stores that know their stuff....Roger's Lures in Liberty, MO has the biggest selection of them that I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jighead?

Do these come with a "special" form of jig head that you have to use for the action to be correct? Or can you buy bulk in the plastics and use any jig head of the appropriate weight?

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

i use the bulk stuff. And have used many different types, but without much difference. Go for a minnow style jighead. I usually let it sink, with a 7 or 10 second count, then a slow retrieve with periodic twitches. Kills em!!!!!!

mojoeshaw Guest

Talking Used 'em for years.

These are the only lures I will use for Crappie. I started out using the silver and gray 1 1/2" jigs but recently BPS screwed up my order and I recieved the white with Red tail for the spring of 05. I think that's the best mistake anyone has ever made for me. I have caught more crappie on the 1/32 oz. blood red hook jig heads with the white and red tail jigs than ever before. I don't slow reel them either. I fish them like a bass lure. I don't try to reel it very fast, I just use the bass fishing method. The whole purpose of a quick retrieval is to make the swimming action with the reverse fins. That seems to drive them nuts. I prefer these even over live minnows because they last longer, do what I want them too and I don't have to worry about keeping them alive. I have impressed live minnow fishermen and got them to asking me why I'm catching fish when they are standing next to me and can't get a bite. I have found that if I'm not getting hits then the fish just aren't biting. Use them because they work like you wouldn't believe. Just use a top sitting knot so the lure doesn't spin or retrieve crooked. Good luck.