Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best tournament trail out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best tournament trail out there?

I personally think Crappiemaster's has the best tournament trail out there for the fisherman to compete in. They have the highest pay back of all trails with their guarantee's and Paul Alpers is a good man to work with. He absolutely has the best interest of the competing angler in mind when setting up a tournament. I was awfully surprised working with Paul on our tournament how much work actually goes into putting one on. Several long days and many trips to the host town for meetings and coordination, etc. etc.

What are your opinions?

I know for the one pole Ultimate Challenge coming to Arkansas later this month, we have over 80 boats signed up which will prove to be a NICE payback for the winners.

I am just curious to see who else feels that the CrappieMasters Trail is by far the leading trail out there today.

Please feel free to tell why you feel the same way or why you don't, but play nice!:D
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

??????????
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

I think crappie USA has the best family orientate trail and crappie masters is set up more for the top anglers both are very good trails.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

James -very interesting comment. What makes it more family oriented?
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are going to be suprised to find out what people really think about CM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends. The best trail I've fished is the Buckeye Crappie Challenge run by Russ Bailey. Good payouts (better than the few Crappie USA tournaments I've fished), well run, great bunch of guys. I fished it 3 years and had a blast. 6-8 different Ohio lakes with a 1 day championship, 8 fish limit, 2 man teams. It had alot of the community and feel of local lake tournaments, but run alot better (i.e., seminar the night before, sponsors with minimum money, host hotels, etc.)

But it's a state trail. Didn't care for the Crappie USA tournaments. Too few tournaments within easy driving distance, relatively easy to quality (one year, we fished one tournament, didn't do all that well, and still qualified to regionals), didn't think the payouts were that great. No Crappie Masters in Ohio that I know of.

If I had a vote, I'd say set up state versions of Buckeye Crappie Challenge and let the top 10 finishers (point based, just like BCC) for each state qualify to 4-6 regions, with the top 20 finishers from each region going to a national, with at-large qualifiers at both levels to round out the fields.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do i think its better family oriented well for one thing we have some good close tournaments hear in bama and the kids can fish with us.I ask crappie USA if it was OK for my kids to fish with me and the wife sometimes if we couldn't find a babysitter and was told it would be fine as long as know one protesters the fact that I have two little girls in the boat with us ones 8 and ones 7
    I would like to see the rule looked at more and maybe changed to 2 kids under the age of 10 I don't see a advantage of two kids fishing with the same amount of rods you have to use for 2 adults. They where going to fish with us this past weekend but the weather was just two cold for them but if it had been warmer they both would have been in the boat.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Best was CAST, Tim and Todd ran a good tournament. I hope one day they get going again.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i fish crappie masters but the only reason i do is because alot of them are closer to me then the CUSA....most of the guys on the master trail that point fish are pretty much ****** and talk to you like your a dumb *** ....the weight ins suck also....you pay for the big fish and somtimes and unless you stress the point they wont even weight in your big fish....crappie usa trail is alot better trail due to the fact most of the guys and down to earth and everything runs smooth....i drove from st.louis to weiss for the event for masters and all the points guys i tryed to talk to but ronnie and steve acted like ***** ...even some of the staff....if its wasnt for betty the master trails would be at loss cause....i dont think i will fish anymore events this year on the master trail but the national championship then ill go back to CUSA next year....ill make the drives
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-10-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I fished my very first Crappiethon Tourney in 1989 and was hooked from there. Anyone that has been around knows what happened there with Tony. Then came around CUSA. right idea for a while then it got too much involved with making money and forget about the angler.Ive known all the owners and directors for along time personally. There are things that have been done by one that I really used to respect, but wouldnt walk across the street(I think we know the saying).My own honest opinion is Paul Alpers has the anglers interest at heart.With the economy the way it is if a tournament trail can keep sponsors says alot in itself.Which tournament is better, I dont want to start this witch hunt but there are some pretty big skeletons in some closets.PJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast