Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NW pa hardwater

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW pa hardwater

Has anyone been out to wilhelm or shenango to hit the hardwater? I have been out of town for a while and really want to do some icefishing in the next 2 weeks. Was wondering if anyone has been on the ice lately?

Post Thanks / Like

There were 4 guys fishing golden run on saturday mid-morning. Heard that there was 3" of ice. Went by today and nobody was there. Haven't heard of any other lake having good ice. Temps should stay cold so the ice should only get better. I can't wait to go this season. If you would like to get together sometime drop me a line, I am always ready to fish!!

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

talked to the owner of fergies today at wilhelm he said that there were 2 shanties by the dam and 1 by the marina. he said that the ice was 2 to 4 inches but that nobody was very far from shore! Going to give it 2 or 3 more cold days before i go out and even drill test holes! thanks for the info redneck.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished golden run yesterday morning and this morning. Got 6 yesterday morning on jigs and maggots. And today they were hittin minnies. Got 5 this morning and all fish were about 11"-12". Hopefully will be out of friday.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

fished golden run tuesday. from 11:00 to dark and caught about 20 small gills and 1 perch. Fished again yesterday afternoon and got 10 crappie all under 10 inches. Probably try again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it friday morning from 7 til 2. Got 4 keeper crappie. Alot of gills being caught, mostly small. Minnies did good again. First few hours of day light were good then it really slowed down. Hopfully the ice is still good for this coming week.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

I've never fished hardwater but I hope to pick up some good info here this winter. Living right next to Cowanesque Lake, I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge this year. But I hear the walleye are hitting in the 'soft' water below the dam!