PDA

View Full Version : So what lures/bait do you use for crappie fishing?

Charger
12-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I use blue flys with chartruse heads with minnows.
Other times white flys with red or chartruse heads.

Any tips for colors as far when to use for certain water conditions?

Mo'nBack
12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Hair jigs and tube jigs both with crappie nibbles at times.
All colors. Blue/white, grey, white/silver/chart, white/chart/orange, black/chart, pink/pearl, chart & pepper, pumpkinseed & pepper, cottoncandy, black/blue, orange/chart. Dark water or overcast skys-dark bait. Clear water or clear skys-Blue and white!! (Or any lighter color.) I change until I find what they want. As the sun changes positions, what they can see & what they want will change.

ExBassGuide
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Crappie jigs most of the time. As for the color Black and yellow for overcast days, yellow and white (are the colors I use most of the time).
Roger

CrappiePappy
12-15-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm kinda partial to :

1/16oz weedless jighead with blu/char, green/char, pink/char tubes
1/32-1/16oz Roadrunners - marabou ... solid Chartreuse, or solid Pink
1/32-1/16oz weedless jighead with Panfish Assassin body
1/16oz generic Crappie jigs - marabou tail/chenille body - solid White, solid Chartreuse

Though I have a two sided Plano suitcase style tacklebox full of Crappie stuff ... these have been my most productive lures, on the lakes I fish. ........ cp :cool:

DENNIS BOWERS
12-15-2005, 03:24 AM
I use 1/16 or 1/32 plain round or minnow head jigs with tube type bodys[squrmim squirt]. i too switch colors to meet conditions but primarily use something with chartruese. Black/Chart , Orange/Chart , Ect.

Jerry Blake
12-15-2005, 04:30 AM
Hair jigs in color combinations of white, red, black, orange, gray and chartreuse often tipped with small minnows and minnows on light wire aberdeen cricket hooks under slip floats.

Mopar Matt
12-15-2005, 09:12 AM
I am sold on Road Runner heads, usually either chartreuse or white. Baily magnet or crappie thunder bodies in black/char, blue/pink or white/red. If they are real finicky I go with a small white jig head and a small tube. In stained water 58-65 degrees I haven't found anything better than black/char road runner though.

Deacon
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
I almost always use tube jigs. It just seems to be the go to bait where we fish.

Charger
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Mopar Matt, nice 1st Gen Charger. Boone is a nice town too. We ride thru there about once a year on our Harleys goin over to the Riders Roost motorcycle campground in Ferguson.

justfish
12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I use minnow head jigs and kalin bodies most of the time. Good colors for me are blue/black/chart.-acid rain(yellow/white) and john deere green

Southeasttackle
12-18-2005, 02:20 PM
I have some you should try.
These are minnow head lures with a molded in spinner with a blade just like the road runners. I made these myself and have better luck than the horse heads. www.southeasttackle.com
Brian.
:D 3275