Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello

Hey all first time I have attempted to post on here-
    I am new to this crappie fishing and heading to Wappapello this weekend and will be staying at Holiday Landing and was wondering if any fish are being caught and if so how deep and any advice you might add-
    I will post my report upon my return home!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, welcome to the board! We have been catching alot of fish on flats around 6-7 feet of water. Best is using double jigs under floats. green/chartruce, white/chartruce, red/chartruce, black/chartruce all are great colors. sometimes they want it still. sometimes moving. You'll have to weed through alot of small fish to get some keepers. Just keep at it. Good luck.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. Speck knows what he's talking about on Wappapello. I went friday, saturday and today and there are a lot of fish on the flats right now. You just have to catch about 10 short fish for every keeper. They seemed to be a little shallower today most of the fish I caught were in 3.5 to 4 feet of water. Water temp was about 55 when I left this afternoon. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

first off welcome from s.e.mo.

second ditto what speckhunter and duxihnt said i was down there fri. and cuaght 5 four of them at possum creek.

good luck to ya!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duxihnt View Post
    Welcome to the board. Speck knows what he's talking about on Wappapello. I went friday, saturday and today and there are a lot of fish on the flats right now. You just have to catch about 10 short fish for every keeper. They seemed to be a little shallower today most of the fish I caught were in 3.5 to 4 feet of water. Water temp was about 55 when I left this afternoon. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    No need to answer my ? on the other thread dux i just had it answered here.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

welcome 53.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    welcome 53.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board, hope you catch a buchc. speck he dont need to catch any fish you can have all his

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have returned and will tell you that we caught over 3 days -3 fishermen 250-300 crappie.Mostly in Caldwell Creek and down from Holiday Landing by the pillars.Most of our fish were caught in the stave beds locals have put in or along the bank in approximately 3 foot from the floater.I will also add that the short to keeper ratio was a dismal 15 to 1.
    If any one else went to Wappapello this weekend I would like to know how you did.
    Thanks,
    Crappie53

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Joplin! Can't help with info but you have been given some good advice from some great guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast