Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Finder ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Finder ?

Been fishing all my life, but just last spring bought a fishfinder.Low end model, not alot of extra cash with the three little ones. BUt anyway, mounted the tranducer on the back of the boat and the unit on the front. But now I want a transducer on my trolling motor, but I also want to keep one on the back. Is my only option to buy anouther unit and dedicate each one to specific area or is there anouther way to go about rigging?

Thanks 3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3GIRLSDAD
    Been fishing all my life, but just last spring bought a fishfinder.Low end model, not alot of extra cash with the three little ones. BUt anyway, mounted the tranducer on the back of the boat and the unit on the front. But now I want a transducer on my trolling motor, but I also want to keep one on the back. Is my only option to buy anouther unit and dedicate each one to specific area or is there anouther way to go about rigging?

Thanks 3GD
    buy you another transducer, mount it on your troller and switch the wires from one to the other, depending on which transducer you wanna use
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rango, sounds like the way to go.

3GD

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what brand you have you can buy a switch box that will allow you to toggle between the two transducers. This is helpful to get cables out of the way. They are also pricey. Lowrance or Eagle.
    http://www.lei-extras.com/store/sear...r+Switch+Boxes