Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish/Depth Finders......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish/Depth Finders......

Whats yall's choice in the $175.00 - $225.00 range. Wanting to upgrade from an $89.00 Eagle Cuda. And what about these boats Im seeing with the conduit run out in front of the boat... I'm assuming that's where the transducer is huh?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to what everyone will say too. I'm wanting to upgrade my dad's depth/fish finder, but can't spend big bucks on it.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

The hummingbird 500 series is great for the price. Low end is ~150 and the high end is ~200. I have the low end and it's all I need. It spots fish, big display, easy to read in all light conditions.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 718 to upgrade from the cuda. Changed out the transducer for a quadra-beam (for free through the Humminbird transducer exchange program). Connected my handheld gps to the nmea input and for about 170 bucks had a cheap upgrade that has really worked well for me.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slablicious View Post
    The hummingbird 500 series is great for the price. Low end is ~150 and the high end is ~200. I have the low end and it's all I need. It spots fish, big display, easy to read in all light conditions.
    x2 from a happy 565 owner
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Have the HP 565 love it, Think they have gone to the 570 now , About 175 0r so ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

just bought the HB 570(used to be 565). i like it so far. paid $199 at bass pro. i was wanting a color unit but decided not to spend the extra money and wouldn't you know it, bass pro in macon is about to have the eagle 640c on sale for $279.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been preparing to re-enter the world of crappie fishing and have been searching for a couple of comparatively inexpensive yet adequate fish finders in the same price range or possibly as low as $100.

I only wanted to be able see the bottom, the structure, the fish and the temperature.

It would seem from my research that the soon-to-be-gone Eagles are a good choice as well as the Humminbirds already mentioned. The 570 and the Pirannah 170 ($99 at BP) appeared to be good choices.

I wanted the ability to see my jigs on 1 of 2 fishfinders on my boat. I am told that I need at least 320x320 pixel detail to see my jig. Both the 570 and 718 offer at least that detail. While the Piranah doesn't give enough detail to see the jig, it does provided dual beam sonar.

RCC, I am very interested in what you did with the 718. I have a couple of Garmin handhelds, an OLD GPS 48 and a newer GPS 60 (I think). What did hooking your handheld up to the 718 give you? Also, what advantage does the quadra-beam give you or could it give me in 3-30 feet of water crappie fishing?

Thanks,

Joel