Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Piedmont Team Crappie & Bass results..Mar. 6..Shearon Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piedmont Team Crappie & Bass results..Mar. 6..Shearon Harris

Piedmont Bass Classics & Team Crappie Results
    March 6, 2010...Shearon Harris Lake~Holleman's Crossing Wildlife Ramp

Team Bass Division:
    Finally! The weather broke and the fishing got better! 10 out of the 27 teams present, weighed in 24
    bass Saturday at Shearon Harris. Morning temperature was about 25 and we had to put rock salt on the
    ramp to melt the ice so the boats could get in and out! After that, however, the sun came out and the
    wind was pretty pleasant at about 7 mph. The temps got up to about 57 by the time the teams came
    back to the ramp at 3pm. All in all, a good fishing day for the 1st part of March, after the winter we have
    had! Water temps were reported up to 47.5 degrees.
    I cannot tell you what the winning fish were caught on because they will not tell me. However, I do
    know that all types of lures were thrown this day and most were caught in 8 to 10 feet of water!
    Tournament fishing will be getting hot now, and with the 'money winnings' involved, teams will be
    'tight-lipped' about what they are using.
    For the first time, we had a tie for the 'big fish' award. Two teams each had a bass weighing 6.99 lbs.
    and they decided to split the $270 pot. I don't remember that happening before in one of my bass
    tournaments. We also had 8 teams get in the TWT (Tournament Within a Tournament). The TWT had a
    payback of 2 places, 1st-$260 and 2nd-$140, for a total of $400 in extra prize money.
    I want to thank all the anglers that participated. I really work hard to present you with a first class
    tournament and hope you will continue supporting the trail. I also want to thank Corey and Joe, from
    Castaway Fishing Supply in Smithfield, for furnishing the $250 gift certificate for the winning team.
    Please give Castaways a visit and support them because they support us! You can see their ad on my
    website. I also thank Lane Bullock & Barry Kleinfelter for helping me with the weigh-in. I could not have
    done it alone! Now...Here are the results:

1st Place..Ken Wall & Ben Cannon from Asheboro & Apex..4 fish..19.21 lbs..$865 & $250 Gift Certificate.
    2nd Place..Jerry Marshburn & Rick Ohlson from Sanford..4 fish..16.42 lbs..$497
    3rd Place..Russell Harrelson & Joseph Sugg from Fuquay Varina..4 fish..12.31 lbs..$345
    4th Place..Mike & Chris Hinsen from Chadbourn..3 fish..7.39 lbs..$259
    5th Place..Todd & Jeff Sumner from Southern Pines..2 fish..7.08 lbs..$194

Big Fish Award.. Tie! 1st Place Team & 2nd Place teams above: 6.99 lbs...$270 (They split the pot and
    got $135 each.

TWT Winners..Total pot was $400..
    1st Place went to the 1st Place team above..$260
    2nd Place went to the 3rd Place team above..$140

1st Place team of Wall & Cannon walked away with $1,510 in total cash & prizes! Way to go guys!

NEXT TOURNAMENT: March 13th at Falls Lake out of Ledge Rock Wildlife Ramp with $250 in bonus
    prizes from Boats Unlimited in Durham.

Team Crappie Division:

3 Teams participated and the team of Aaron & Chester Eubanks from Lillington had 2 crappie that
    weighed a total of .73 lbs. They won $135.

NEXT TOURNAMENT: March 13th at Falls Lake out of Ledge Rock Wildlife Ramp.

I hope to see all of you there..the forecast for Saturday looks good so far, and I've heard they are starting to catch bass and also the crappie bite is picking up. We had a great turnout at Shearon Harris and I thank you so much for that kind of support!
    If you have any questions on the tournaments, give me a call at 919-471-1571 or 919-971-5042 or visit the website: mainpage

Post Thanks / Like

.73 pds.for crappie tournamet Ihad 4.39 pds.I know Iwas 2 min late getting to the docks,however I was at scales before 220.Phil has let other teams get by with being late I know rules are rules.But as I told him at the scales I would gladly pay for a polygraph test if he could pass it Last year at Jordan it was 230 before the last team made it to dock and they won the tournament.All I'm trying to say is fair is fair I will have to say he offered me my entry fee back . But why would he even offer that unless he knew he was in the wrong . Mabe this is why he don't get more boats in the crappie tournments . By the way if anyone is wondering Icaught all 10 crappie in the first cove up from the dam.