Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed Wal Mart no WX on Marine Batt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Confirmed Wal Mart no WX on Marine Batt

I stopped by my least favorite store Wal Mart and I ask about Battery warranty. They say that Marine. Lawn Mower and Motorcycle batteries no longer have ANY warranty. Orders from headquarters. I don't know if it is is true or not but the Mgr told me ALL companies are going to have the same policy on Marine batteries. Doesn't sound right does it. An earlier post had the WM issue going both ways yes and no on the wx issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i guess if they have that policy i,ll tell them that i will be buying my batteries elsewhere. I,ve got 4 of them on my boat right now that i bought last year, I think they,ll have to honor the warranty that,s on them at the time of the purchase but then i could be wrong. I bet that will hurt their bussiness if they do this i,ll just go out & buy the blue top next time & be done with it & be done with wallyworld too... Tags.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

there should be an email to corporate headquarters where we can fuss to them about it. ...if I find it I will post it...I am like I Catch....I would rather pay more and get a warranty....because of the history of Wal Mart batteries...and I have three 6 month old Wal mart batteries in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in a Sam's Club Saturday, and their 24, 27 and 29 marine batteries all said 1 year replacement, 3 years prorated warranty.

These are the same batteries as the Everstarts, just labelled Energizer.

One thing I noticed at the store I was at is that the two 29s in the front of the rack had July 09 stickers on them. Way to long for a battery to sit on the shelf. The ones in the back were Feb and March 2010.

But, I saw a 3/10 sticker on a battery at Walmart 2 weeks ago. Dang fast shipping to make a battery in March and get it on the store shelves in February of the same year.

I'd ask before plunking down the money. Might be interesting if we'd just all start asking about the warranty at WM and telling the clerks we aren't interested in a battery with no warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought two batteries from wal-mart this past weekend (it was time, the old ones were 7years old)........a 24 and a 27 the 24 had a Jan. 2010 sticker and the 27 had a Sept. 09 sticker, the guy told me they had a 6 month free replacement and 18 month prorated warranty.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Batteries

I had a friend that was a battery dealer, he always told me to never buy a new battery that was over 30 days old. The date it was made is stamped on the battery case some were.
    I wouldn't buy one either with out a wx, shoot you can take flash light batteries back to WM...
    After I bought my boat from Bass Pro the batteries went bad after 4 months. When I took them back they ask how often I fished, I told em every other day,
    He said that's a lot use on the batteries every other day, I told him if your not gonna stand by the batteries just give me a phone number in Springfield, Mo and we'll see about this...He replaced both batteries.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

it was just a matter of time before walmart stop selling batteries or swapping them. They have a super computer that tells them when it's just not profitable anymore. Besides all these swapping and returning stories I hear about I know it will just be a matter of time.

Post Thanks / Like

So Walmart is not the place to buy marine batteries based on their policy of no-warranty. What and where is the best bang for the buck marine battery?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Batteries Plus store near me and they have group 31's with warrenty for around $95.00 ea. with trade in. Guy at the store said they were made by exide.

Sounds good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I"ve A31 From Wal Mart With A 2 Yr Warranty Last Sept

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast