Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thank Yall for the Input!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank Yall for the Input!

After hearing your responses and opinions I opted to pass that money pit up and wound up getting a 88' Model Bass Tracker 1800 FS. Below is a link with a picture of the boat.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/south...ml#post1061312

Since yall did so well last time with giving me opinions I want to get some more from yall. With a new boat in the driveway its time to sell my old one, but I haven't a clue what to ask or what to expect to get out of it. What you think?

It's a 1967 1436 Monarch flat bottom jon boat (doesn't leak anywhere but around the plug). The motor is a 1987 Gamefisher 9.9 that runs like a top. The boat has two camo seats that are in great shape (been covered while not in use), a two year old Minn Kota 30 lb trolling motor with a handle extension, trolling motor mount depth finder, two brand new 2.5 gallon gas tanks, marine grade plywood floors that are carpeted, rod holders for tightlining, camo paint job, a paddle, and two life jackets. It's ready to fish...

What you think it is worth.

I can't find any pictures of it on my computer, but here's one that shows the paint job.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

i would ask a $1.000 for it it should be a ez sale good luck i dont think you will have it long dont let someone beat you out of it after all you dont have to feed and water it
    team member

of the 2011 winners of the c.d.c. lake hartwell fall fest

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Buster,
    Look on Craigslist.com to see if any boats comparable to yours are listed for sale.
    Then you can compare the features and adjust the price up or down.
    At least you won't be saying "I let them steal it" later.
    1perchjerker

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could just donate it to me :D

Post Thanks / Like

Considering the age of the boat and the motor, I'd say not a penny less than $800. $1,000 sounds fair, but $1200 is not out of the question from the way you describe it and the extras that come with it. I'm leaning towards the $1200 side of things just from the extras you mentioned.

Then again, as soon as you sell it, you're gonna regret getting rid of it. $1200 ain't much and you can always find a spot for a good 14' jon that your new boat is too big for.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!! You will regret selling..as soon as you get rid of it, you will want it back..if it is free or no payments on it, keep it..

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a super clean '** Bumble Bee back in May and I know what you mean. Good luck with the new ride, Catch many big fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you didn't buy that money pit of a boat.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

You Can Never Have Too Many Boats. As For Age Not Really A Issue. I Fish Out Of 1544 Lowe 1978 And It's Great No Leaks Has Everything I Need. And Yes $1000 Isn't Out Of The Question, But You Need A Place To Park All Your Toys...