PDA

View Full Version : Skips new stuff at Thump It

GRIZZ
03-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Once in a while I stop over to Skips site to see what this crappie jig makin genius has been up to lately, and every time I go he one ups himself. It's just my opinion, for what it's worth, but I think Skip is the best crappie jig tier on earth. His creativity is truly genius. Others may have one good pattern, but he comes up with one great pattern after another. My hat is off to ya my friend. You should sell collectors sets behind glass.

For those of you who haven't seen his work, stop over to his new stuff page. You won't be sorry.

New Stuff (http://www.thumpitjigs.com/NewStuff.html)

PBUG2009
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
the mans a work of art

skiptomylu
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Thank you so much I really appreciate that. I just love making new ones even though there are already enough on my site to stop, I just can't keep from trying new things. I always seem to have a bunch of new materials I have not used yet or at least not shown yet, LOL! I do have several things right now I am thinking about what to do with them.

Again thank you guys I really don't know what else to say,

Skip

Arkieman
03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Skip what u call the jig that's in the pic on your posts?

skiptomylu
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Skip what u call the jig that's in the pic on your posts?

I just call it a body weave jig, but actually it's a fly pattern called the Tiger Weave Bitch Creek Nymph. The body is made using tow colors of chenille and weaved to make it look like that.

Skip

PBUG2009
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
it sure is perty

Arkieman
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
It sure is sharp! PM sent.

Fatman
03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah lot's of great looking jigs there!!!! and even better than how good they are is the fact the man gives so much free advice and help to everyone.

Cheers Buddy!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

skiptomylu
03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you Fatman really nice thing you said about me.

Skip

WestTennCrappie
03-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I cant tell you how many threads I started like this when i first bought some jigs from skip. I have 100's of jigs I got from him i have yet to put into service because they just dont tear up. I have never seen jigs that hold up this well. IMO he IS the very best. There is no better. I have not used a jig that even comes close to the durability. I have went back to trolling tubes since if I lose one its no big deal but will never buy another ahnd tied jig unless it comes from Skip.

The Lip RIPPERS
03-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey you guy's get your jigs now, cause Skip needs time off to fish the spawn this year, he only worked 340 days last year!

WestTennCrappie
03-09-2010, 09:18 AM
THinking here. The only thing is eventualy Skip will go out of business because the jigs will not die. I dont even know when I will be able to place another order I am sure the ones I have will last me forever. If I went back to trolling them I would have to re-up on occasion just due to me losing them but for verticle jigging them the way i do I have at least 15 of each color and I will probably have to pass them on to my kids one day. Guys if you have not ordered from Skip get with someone in your area that has that can put you on good colors and you will never buy another jig....

WestTennCrappie
03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey you guy's get your jigs now, cause Skip needs time off to fish the spawn this year, he only worked 340 days last year!

Exactly...... Last year I ran out of my first order and pressured him to get me more. Poor guy could not even fish for use bothering him. So when i ordered again i made sure I got enough to last a long time. Yo guys do the same!!!

skiptomylu
03-09-2010, 11:10 AM
All I can say is you guys are too much and thank you. Took me all these years to find something to do that some really appreciate and that is really nice. What a hobby this is.

Skip