Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sizzler Grubs??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sizzler Grubs??

I have been looking for a discontinued grub put out by Johnson Lure called " Sizzler Grubs". This grub had a special silver shine finish to one side of curl tail. It came in several colors chart. and Pumpkin was the only two I had to try until I ran out of them. The package says they came in 3 sizes however 1 inch was what I used. I have searched the web and emailed several companys and even a well knowen crappie fisherman but no one seems to know where I could find these baits. These grubs proably have been off market for about 6-7 years however you would think there would be some still out there somewhere. Anyone with info. let me know.

Thanks,
    Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a pic of them?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spawner
    I have been looking for a discontinued grub put out by Johnson Lure called " Sizzler Grubs". This grub had a special silver shine finish to one side of curl tail. It came in several colors chart. and Pumpkin was the only two I had to try until I ran out of them. The package says they came in 3 sizes however 1 inch was what I used. I have searched the web and emailed several companys and even a well knowen crappie fisherman but no one seems to know where I could find these baits. These grubs proably have been off market for about 6-7 years however you would think there would be some still out there somewhere. Anyone with info. let me know.

Thanks,
    Spawner
    I believe I saw some at Kmart a month or two back. It might have been on a clearance rack. Can't remember size/color or anything but, I do know Kmart pretty much the only place that carries Johnson products for the most part. So I would look there but not at the newer ones. I'd look in the older Kmart's because the old one by me carries discontinued or older products.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

We used to kill bass and crappie on those Sizzlers. We would just put a jig head on them and straight reel. Seemed like the faster you reeled those things the more fish you would catch. Haven't seen them in years.
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Spawner

Thanks,
    Spawner
    I fished the Sizzler grubs for smallmouth in the New River several years ago and they were 3".Never new they came in 1 or 2"....I have the 3" packed away in the attic. Sure would catch smallmouth but never tried them on crappie..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad had some and we caught a boatload of white bass on them. I will have to ask if he still has any I will post a pic. (the 3" ones) My Dad gets most his stuff through Cabelas but this was 2 or 3 years ago.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,
    Spawner

Hey Spawner, Dicks Sporting Goods Ccarried them too. If you don't find any, I've got plenty of the Chartreuse with multi colored sparkles, and the Silver flash tails in both the 2" & 3" sizes. Drop me a line, we can work something out. <,"}>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought at least 40 packs of Sizzlers today..