Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does a livewell work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How does a livewell work?

I have one in my boat and never used it. So I turned it on, it filled up, extra water went down and out the over flow. Now, how do I get the water out of it. This is a Tracker panfish 16. I have a bilge switch, an aerater switch, lights. There is no plug to pull to let water out. I am perplexed.

Post Thanks / Like

The white overflow tube will pull out letting all of the water out.

Post Thanks / Like

om once you take boat out of the lake water should run out unless theres a back flow on it
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatwater View Post
    I have one in my boat and never used it. So I turned it on, it filled up, extra water went down and out the over flow. Now, how do I get the water out of it. This is a Tracker panfish 16. I have a bilge switch, an aerater switch, lights. There is no plug to pull to let water out. I am perplexed.
    My tracker live wells have plugs in the bottom of them, they will not hold water with out them. Your may have the snap in plugs too, their black with a pull tab on them.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

On my Tracker, the overflow tube pulls straight up and out to let the water out. If your overflow tube has a black rubber grommet at the bottom it is the same. You can reinsert the overflow tube back in the hole when all the water has drained.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker Pro Crappie 175 and the overflow is screwed in just unscrew the overflow to drain the livewell

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know which method works!... you can always use a siphon hose or a Shop Vac yanno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    The white overflow tube will pull out letting all of the water out.
    Mine will empty also this way with the pump running. But when out of the water pulling the plugs is easier to me.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

It is a 1989 and it does have the black corrogated tube which is the overflow. I will tug on it and then try to unscew it and I hope it comes out. If it does, problem solved. You are very helpfull, thanks!!

If I put fish in it I assume it will need to be flushed with clorox to get rid of the fishy odors. Or do you just let it dry? (I have always used a stringer for fish and when it is time to go I put them in the cooler.)

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very poor design for the livewells. You turn the switch on to fill the livewell and then shut it off when full. when you start putting fish in it you have to run the livewell every so often to keep air in the livewell. If you don't keep turning the livewell on for a short time the fish will die in it from lack of oxygen. This was the way mine was when it was new. I orderd an automatic livewell switch from Bass Pro and replaced the old livewell switch with the auto switch and can change how long the livewell runs now, before it shuts off automatically. Then in about 10 minutes it will run again for a certain amount of time. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast