PDA

View Full Version : It's not ALL about fishin

skeetbum
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Got a chance to go this am and hit it early. Found some fish and had a bunch of fun. Had to be careful of the frost on the dock, 27 degrees:eek: when I put in with a tiny line of pink on the horizon. Thank You God for this beautiful morning you gave me to enjoy:D. 4 keepers were given to the young guy and his son that showed up as I had to leave, 9am. Just had to air my happiness of being able to go and come back without frostbite, and share these 2 pics. I think I found some fish, waddaya say?

"G"
03-07-2010, 11:04 AM
A great day on the water....what more could you ask for? Glad you got out and had a good time.

Big Ridge Brewer
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Normandy Lake?

Nice picture of the sunrise.

PBUG2009
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
that was anice pic pink and all i like that

azslabber
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
A lot better then sitting looking at a picture of it,I'm sure.Lucky you.Great pics.

i-catch-cartags
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Looks like fish to me.:D To bad you couldn,t boated all of those.:D

rnvinc
03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
That second pic would make a good screen saver...

STUMP HUNTER
03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Those are great pictures. Nothing like being on the lake when a new day is waking up :):) The first pic looks like all black crappie :)
Thanks for sharing your morning.

Fatman
03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Great sunrise pic!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great time!!!

Fatman

Jiggin_Joe
03-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Now That I'm done with ice fishing for the year I cant wait for mornings like that. Great pic

JJ

skiptomylu
03-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Beautiful second picture, but man that is too cold for this old guy. I learned some things this year for the first time. It can feel pretty darn cold to someone like me even when it's only 60 out, LOL! I would have never in my life ever thought I would say that. This is a guy that use to be pretty comfy in a tee shirt in the 40's when I was young. I know it's been coming, but was so surprised whenI went out today to update my software on my 1197 and thought I was freezing and when I got back up to the house it was only 60????
Darn that was a shock!

Now I guess it need to be 70 or better before my hands don't feel freezing, LOL! Boy I hate that and now I can't make fun of my wife when she talks about being cold when it's not, LOL!

Was going to go fishing today, but now decided later this week may be better, chuckle chuckle. What a wuss I have become.

Skip

Blackhawk19
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Great pics, I started out early yesterday with a hard frost, marked a lot of fish but only had 2 takers.

Quicksilver1958
03-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.. Yep, I'd say that you found some fish.

Smitty 79
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
nice pics!!!!!

HARLEYBOY
03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Great pics Skeet, glad you had A great day, Went Fri. Got 4 just 2 keepers all went back in for another day , but like skip, i got cold, at my age Lol, but also had a great day

Bob # 1
03-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Beautiful pictures
:)

GoneCrappieFishing
03-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I know your a great fishermen, done been there and seen that, but that early morning picture says you need to be shootin pictures instead of docks.lol Wtg bro.Glad you had a great morning. Wish I could of been there with ya.

GCD
03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Why are all of those fish facing the same way???... did you have them lined up for something?;)

I know some people that would give you the dickens for having your fish ID turned on... because they do it to me! I like my ID turned on, if for nothing else but a confidence booster.:D

That second pic is beautiful!!!... thanks for sharing!

skeetbum
03-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Brewer, that was Woods Res.
Skip, I lost 2 weeks of good fishin time and vaca to pneumonia last year and I know of what you speak. Just couldn't take it any more. Work is changing for me, suffice to say that every day it's like someone is pokin me with a stick and they never go away. Wakin up in the truck 6 days a week is wearing on me. I take the punishment from the weather if I have to. It pays dividends on my attitude.
GCF, same place you were yesterday when I stopped to check the ramp. Thanks for the good words.
GCD, don't all of yours face the same way? All I do is snap my fingers and they do a double fin distance take and start lookin for my jig. LOL The ID lies sometimes but after a while you get a feel for weather or not to turn it off. Like you say, it's a confidence thing. Even more on it when I hit em just right this mornin, but like deer tracks - they don't fill a cooler.

GCD
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Actually... I have the old Wide Optic, the fish facing left are on the lefthand side of the boat... the fish facing right are on the righthand side... the black fish are directly beneath the boat!

That feature only works with the fish ID on, and is the main reason I keep it on!

I'll take a pic for ya the next time I'm out with the fish facing different ways.... it amuses me!

skeetbum
03-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Never heard of that, good idea. Should have that on the newer ones, I guess that's progress.

Hillbilly910
03-07-2010, 11:59 PM
took a pic of the sun coming up like that couple years ago, its still there to greet me every time i look at my cell phone...something about a sunrise picture on the water.

HB:cool: