Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishuations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishuations

Just thought it might be fun for everyone to tell their fish stories -- call'em Fishuations. Whether you landed the fish or not, let's hear the story.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

One time me and a buddy of mine were crappie fishing when I felt a good smack on the end of my line. I set the hook and the fight was on. I only had 6lb test line and this joker was fighting hard. I had to play him for a while to keep from breaking my line. I would get him close and then he would make another run. I couldnt wait to see this hog. I eventually got him close and told my buddy to grab the net. When this thing broke the surface, I about ---- in my pants. I sure am glad noone was around to see. What I was fighting turned out to be a big piece of cable bar. The current made it sway and tug just like a fish would fight. Boy was I embarassed.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one for ya DM. About 8 or 10 yrs. ago a buddy and I were fishin a small pond. Caught a bunch of nice hybrid bluegill on a yellow rooster tail. Got hung up and lost the only yellow one I had and never got another hit. Went back to that pond around 4yrs. later with a pile of them yellow ones and on the first cast got hung up on the same snag. I got it loose and a 1lb- 2oz gill slammed it. When I got him in I noticed my new rooster hooked the eye of the one I had lost yrs. earlier. Bought a lottery ticket on the way home, did'nt have any luck left though..

Post Thanks / Like

I caught this one after a fight in some lilly pads thougt I had a big one. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

okay, great stories, but let's hear some about real fish. Thanks for the fun input.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alright I'll give

One afternoon I was fishing in Lake Ray Hubbard near Dallas Texas.
    I had one of those baskets you can put your fish in and hang over the side of the boat.
    I had a nice mess of fish in there. It was the days before I knew what fish hit what, and it was quite a menagerie of different fish. I had some small mouth a big mouth and a couple crappies. Anyway, I was so proud of my basket, I couldn't wait to show them off to my Dad. I had the basket hooked, with one of those hook type stringers, to the side of the boat. I cranked up the ole mercury and took off for a different spot.
    Just when I realized the basket was still over the side, I looked. It was tight as a tick and ready to pop off. My brain was tellin' my hand to pull off the throttle when... SNAP. My basket was gone!
    Of course I got the "yea, right, I'm sure you caught fish" from Dad and anyone else I tried to tell I caught me some fishies.
    So.. call me dumb, but I learned!

BTW.. I'd post a picture, but I got no proof of nuttin'
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

My brother-in-law and I were on a bed of crappie several years ago. The fish were holding under a willow tree and we had to shoot the lines under the branches. He went to set the hook on one and missed, his line tangled in the tree and broke off at the tip of his pole. We paddled into the tree, he retrieved his line and let the jig fall in the water. As he was pulling the line back in another fish hit his jig. He pulled the fish in and when I realized what had happened he just laughed at me. I told him he couldn't do that again if he had too. I was wrong. He preceeded to drop the line back in the water, still holding the line in his had and bam he caught the biggest crappie of the day. Then he tied the line back on his pole. We still laugh about that every time we get in a boat together.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

This last spring when I was still fishing out of my 14' Alum boat, I used a fish basket over the side to hold my catch. I was into some really nice crappie. I knew I had at least 8 in the basket. It was time to move and I pulled the basket in, dang, only 3 fish in there. I checked the bottom and top openings, and the springs were good. I looked over the basket, and couldn't see any problems. I thought that I must have dragged it across a stick or something to open it allowing fish to escape. This same thing happend 3 more times that day. I was stumped. I couldn't figure out how the fish were escaping. The last time I pulled the basket up, I had NO MORE FISH! I was really ticked by then. I looked the basket over very carefully this time, and found an area of the side had corroded in a couple of places. There it was, a sidedoor about 7" tall in my basket. I had spent the day, on a trip that turned out to be nothing more than a "Catch and Escape" day.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dejavu?

One spring morning dad and i were at greason.The big-uns were up in the buck brush and really hungry..We pulled up into the big cove and WHAM !! LeeRoy had a hog momma on the line ,got her close to the boat and SNAP there went his fish and his last grey ghost...well the next day he had a doctors appt and i set off by my lonesome...no one else was on the lake the water looked like a sheet of glass and i was ready to tear em up...but before i could get to the lil cove...the urge to raise the water level hit me.....i pullled up into the lil cove....looked around the lake saw no one and decided time to raise the water level.....i was standing on the front of the boat and VROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM ...up into the lil cove pulled a big ole boat....and there i was with business in hand and lo and behold it was the grease man(wildlife officer) he sternly asked me if that was my trot line....i told him no, finished my business and started fishing , meanwhile he went over and cut the line and as fast as he came he left...scaring all the fish...so i went to the big cove and started fishing....when i got to the same spot where LeeRoy lost hogmomma....Wham....got her in the boat and there was the ol mans jig hanging from the side of her mouth...caught a nice mess and went home left the jig in her mouth and made sure dad got the pleasure of cleaning her....lol:D

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

anchorpuller, lost my basket before similar to that. I had it hanging over the side of a coal loader that sits above the edge of the river. I had that thing packed full of fish pretty quickly when I heard a snap. My rope broke and I lost all my fish, they were not all crappie though. Crappie Reaper. I had about 25 crappie inmy basket one day when I raised it and evidentally the last one I had stcuk in it, I must have broken the spring, I didnt have a single crappie in there. One time I was fishing this area that was real snaky and when I lifted my basket, there were more snakes in it than fish, guess who got to eat those fish, it sure wasnt me, I left that thing. One time I was fishing and I hooked what I thought was a big fish, it was pulling like crazy. When I got it in, it was someones stringer full of fish that had gotten loose, I could actually say I caught close to my limit on one cast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast