Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta be too good to be true?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta be too good to be true?

I saw this boat on craigslist, and I ahve always thought most things like this are too good to be true...Emailed seller and he gave me link to ebay auction..does anyone think this is a scam or is it to good to be true? might have to copy/paste the link..

eBay Motors: 2005 Bass Tracker Tournament V18 ( Item 3101779393203 end time Mar-14-10 08:13:32 PST )

Post Thanks / Like

ask for a number an call them...

Post Thanks / Like

if you can pay with paypal and make sure you are protected with in their rules you should be ok. Anyway else other than cash on delivery is suspect. Actually if selling on ebay you have to take paypal and I didn't see anything on there about PP, just moneygram...RED FLAG

Post Thanks / Like

said he was out of town on business, but if I had any problems I could send th eboat back and be covered under ebay insurance policy..would not answer any questions pertaining to motor, leaks, why itis stripped down, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PBUG2009 View Post
    ask for a number an call them...

Post Thanks / Like

you are exactly right, i knew antoher.commer would notice somethng..ding, ding, ding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    if you can pay with paypal and make sure you are protected with in their rules you should be ok. Anyway else other than cash on delivery is suspect. Actually if selling on ebay you have to take paypal and I didn't see anything on there about PP, just moneygram...RED FLAG

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen that add 3 times, all removed because its a scam. he patrols craigs list and moves it from state to state

Post Thanks / Like

It's a scam. We found a boat on craigslist a while back with the same shipping info that yours is showing. The listing said it was in St. Louis, but when we contacted the seller we got a load of bs - said it was in a warehouse, wanted the money sent somewhere else, blah, blah, blah. Also, look at all the misspelling and grammatical errors - another giveaway that it's crapola.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

yep, im convinced now..way too good to be true...oh well

Post Thanks / Like

the website comes from the Chech republic, according to Firefox
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

this guy has all his bases covered...If you call him he won't answer questions just say OH YEA EBAY INSURANCE HAS YOU COVERED, meantime you might be out of your money and how do you send a stolen boat back other than to the rightful owner...Boy that could get expensive...And if you pay moneygram I don't think ebay will cover you even if you buy it thru ebay...There's a reason he wants full payment within 24hours also.

If you offer to pay cash when he delivers the boat he will say I am using a shipping service and you have to pay in advance so you can't pay cash.

I wouldn't touch this deal unless he will take paypal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast