Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Moose, about those mosquitos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Moose, about those mosquitos

"... Do you know that the mosquito has been responsible for more human deaths than anything else in history?...."

Yes, I do. If you want to read something to scare the bejeebers out of you, I suggest the book MOSQUITO by Speilman and D'Antonio, about the history of mosquito bourne diseases. Now I always wonder if that last mosquito bite is the one that carries encephalitis or worse.

Don't forget the DEET next time. - Roberta

PS - Congrats to your alma mater on today's game. Our favorite team is the one playing ND and the Boilers really did a job on them today.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boiler UP !

How about them boilers? I hope they play as well for the rest of the season. Next week we ventrue to Penn State's Stadium for another away game. Then we play Wisconsin at their stadium. And then Michigan comes to visit Rose Aid Stadium the following week. It's going to be a long season.

I must admit that one of the few things that gets me excited is Purdue Football and the other thing is catching big slabs.

I forgot to spray my back the other day. I had my life jacket on when I put the bug spray on and it prevented the bug spray from getting on my shirt. When I took the life jacket off the mosquitoes found the unprotected back of my shirt and bit me good right though the T shirt material. I have several bites that really itch.

Yesterday in our local paper the Purdue Country Extention Agent was quoted as saying that one of the Purdue Entomologist was saying that we have those "NO SEE'EM" here in Southern IN. I find that hard to believe as I have never heard of them being here before. We heard a lot about them when we went up to Ontario Canada. They talked about them up there. It appears that they may be flying down here for the winter . Hope that we get a good frost that will wipe out the bugs so that I can fish in peace for this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    "... Do you know that the mosquito has been responsible for more human deaths than anything else in history?...."

Yes, I do. If you want to read something to scare the bejeebers out of you, I suggest the book MOSQUITO by Speilman and D'Antonio, about the history of mosquito bourne diseases. Now I always wonder if that last mosquito bite is the one that carries encephalitis or worse.

Don't forget the DEET next time. - Roberta

PS - Congrats to your alma mater on today's game. Our favorite team is the one playing ND and the Boilers really did a job on them today.
    Regards,

Moose1am