Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question: Cedar Lumber?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question: Cedar Lumber?

Does anyone know one of these guys that own their own portable saw-mill? I'm wanting to buy the rough cedar lumber they can mill and do not know anyone in the Lake Eufaula area that mills their own lumber.

I need to buy enough cedar (if I can find it) to build my kitchen cabinets for my new house.

Thanks, Stink
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could help, but don't have a clue. I would reconsider using rough sawn for the cabinets though. I'd run it through a plane and smooth it out myself. One of those $400 Dewalts work great and will give you consistant thicknesses if you run all your wood at the same setting at the same time. You can then toss it on Craigslist when complete and basically rent the thing for the time you need it. Just an idea. Try calling Mazie Lumber in Mazie Oklahoma. They can order what you need through Cedar Creek in Tulsa. The Owner of Mazie just sticks a 10% markup on whatever he sells. You always know where you stand. Cedar Creek is a major supplier to all lumber yard throughout NE Oklahoma and is wholesale only. If you know someone who can order directly from them without a markup, then you would be ahead of the curve saving $$$. Good Luck!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Plunketts Supply In Tulsa, Can Get Anything You Want, I Build Custom Cabinets Time To Time, And Allison Sales Out Of Ft Smith Can Get Any Type You Want As Well, We Ordered Everything Non Dimensional, And Planed Down Ourselves, And They Deliver To Local Cabinet Shops Weekly In Muskogee. We Just Finished A Set Of Knotty Pine Styles And Rails, With Raised Panel Cedar Doors, Looks Awesome Together. Plus Smells Good In The House. I Know A Man In Muskogee With A Personal Mill I Will Get His Number To You If Interested.
    ~KIDS IN THE FRONT SEAT CAUSES ACCIDENTS, ACCIDENTS IN THE BACK SEAT CAUSES KIDS!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy in Glencoe, but that is a long way from Eufaula. He rough saws the logs. I am pretty sure he planes and edges them also, but he isn't portable. If you want I can get his #.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, if you don't mind, send me his phone number. I'd like to check with him, thanks.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Man In Muskogee With A Personal Mill I Will Get His Number To You If Interested.
    Chance, send me his number please. Muskogee is close enough and he might have some cedar already milled. Most of the these guys that have a little portable saw mill have a stack of cedar going all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Stink; Call this guy, Mike Bloxham Custom Carpentry, Wilburton, OK. 918-465-3631
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Lip RIPPERS View Post
    Stink; Call this guy, Mike Bloxham Custom Carpentry, Wilburton, OK. 918-465-3631
    Back to square one after talking to Mike. He has some cedar, but he's not willing to let go of if because he builds kitchen cabinets himself.

He did say he would mill cedar logs for me if I brought them to him, but I'm not really set up to do that.

Looks like I may be building my cabinets out of knotty pine, lol.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

The guy I know is Jeff Kuhn 580-669-2359. He is right on SH 108N one mile north of Glencoe.