Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Okatibbee 11/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee 11/13

It is as nice a day as it gets this time of year, 60 degrees and max 6 mph wind. Boat control no problem. But, why didn't the crappie bite? Fished from about 9 til 2, caught about a dozen with only 5 keepers 10" to 11". Guess I'm just over the hill and lost my touch. But they will eat good tomorrow.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool great day!!

I wished I could have been out yesterday and today but working nights you have to get your sleep. I would have thought it been a great day weather wise to catch a few slabs especially with the front moving in tonight early tomarrow. The bite might have been better this afternoon? Time of day sometimes make a differance however I have always gone mostly in the morn.

Post Thanks / Like

Got an e-mail from a friend that was there when I got there and was still there when I left and they caught 8 with not any big one either so I guess it was just a bad day bite wise, sure was a pretty day to be out on the water tho. Neither one of use use minnows. Saw some guys putting out jugs looking for cats I'm sure. They were in a pontoon and had the grill burning.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff