Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishin Trip??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fishin Trip??

Hey WV crappie fishermen need a little help... My buddy and I want to meet in WV this spring to do some crappie fishin and campin. Im in NC and he is in Ohio.. anyway we thought Stonewall Jackson Lake sounded pretty good... Do yall have any better ideas or recomendations lake wise and what month.. early April or wait till later? This will be the first time fishing WV so all thoughts welcomed.
    Thanks
    Big Country
    lets get-r-dun on some crappie fishin...

Post Thanks / Like

Big Country, Stonewall is a good one. I've been told Burnsville lake is a good crappie lake also. I've not fished the main lake, only the spillway and I can tell you it holds several species of fish. I'm in the northern panhandle and don't get down that way often so maybe some of the guys in that area can help you better on how early to go for crappie but I think early april would be good depending on conditions.
    here's a link that may help if you know which countys you will be in.

West Virginia DNR - Public Access Sites, Fishing, Float Trips, Impoundments

Post Thanks / Like

Burnsville is way better in my opinion..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look into Burnsville. We will be taking my 17 foot crestliner v hull.. crappie and walleye would be our targets.

Post Thanks / Like

if you want walleye an crappie check into beechfork near huntington. but its 10hp limit. you can rent boats from them, its a real nice place and has a camp ground

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Stonewall Jackson Trip

I live about 7 miles from Stonewall, I was down yesterday looking a round. Lake is still frozen solid, just a little thawing at the heads of the creeks. Stonewall has a walleye population and a good Crappie population, there is a real good chance of catching some large crappie, Burnsville does not seem to have the size. Burnsville has some good Muskie fishing. They are only about 20 mile apart on I-79. If you want to give me a email I can keep you aware of temps. Also I have a good 10 HP limit lake to fish if you would want to fish a day with me. My boat is a Bas Pro panfish so enought room for 3. If interested I will talk to you guy's later. Semi retired can fish most any time anywhere.

Randy
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

randy anytime buddy have a little bait/tackle shop here i can take off anytime..i will tie up a bunch of jigs and we will do alittle water time all 3 of us..

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ranady and Pbug thanks for all the great input.. my boat has a 90 horse so we would have to rent a boat to fish that lake you mentioned.. Randy I would like lake updates if you dont mind that would be great... email me at [email protected]
    When do yall think the ice will melt.. It must be much colder up there, we were in the 70's here in raleigh today... Thanks
    BC

Post Thanks / Like

been in the 60s for 2 days here. need to go down and check it out keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like

Hey yall warming up? Pbug I looked at your trout pics on your website nice work bet they were fun to catch...
    BC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast