Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ - Hurricane Deck

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ - Hurricane Deck

Random question, but is anyone familiar with a bluff bank around Hurricane Deck that has some large cables going down into the water?

Post Thanks / Like

theres abluff bout a mile west of huurricane deck bridge with some houses on it there are cables coming down the bluff to their dock?

Post Thanks / Like

No, nothing to do with a dock.... Someone told me they were put in by conservation.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe one of our lowrance down scan or Humminbird side imaging toting members could shed some light on the subject for you?
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

On the west end of Hurricane Deck bridge, there is a bluff on the south side, that I recall has cables running to the bottom. There is a small cove on the SW end of the bridge, and the bluff runs between that cove and Holiday cove just a bit farther south.

My Great Aunt used to have a house that was right in that 2nd cove on that side.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the cables for? Or is that why you are asking about them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    What are the cables for? Or is that why you are asking about them?
    iv'e heard rumor's that they dangle brush from the cables...there's a bluff down around the dam area with a bunch of cables going straight down into the water and what iv'e been told is that they hold up brush, couldn't say for sure though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kp crane View Post
    iv'e heard rumor's that they dangle brush from the cables...there's a bluff down around the dam area with a bunch of cables going straight down into the water and what iv'e been told is that they hold up brush, couldn't say for sure though.
    I've looked around those down by the dam and can't find anything,i've always wondered what they're there for.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

how big are the cables?,small like drop/phone wire were most often had brush attached(that has rotted off, but if they are steel wench type i would guess some are from old docks that were moved/torn down and they never bothered with removeing the cables,,,,jmo
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Bugs, iv'e checked em' out pretty closely myself and have never found much brush. just figured the brush had long rotted away or been beatup by the big boat wakes and had never been reloaded....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast