Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tracker Boats

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=1770

Anyone have one of these? How do you like it? Pros and cons?
    I looked at this boat at our new Bass Pro the other day and it looks very nice, lots of room and wide.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a 69' in your avatar, had one like it. A friend bought a V-18 All Fish last year. It has the rubber like interior ( it's easy to clean). Since Tracker started welding their boats their pretty nice. I really like the livewells in this rig, their enormous, plus they have bait bucket holders in them. I rode in his boat a couple times and it rides pretty nice. He has a 135 Opti-max on his, it runs about 47 mph according to the speedo. All in all I think it's a nice boat.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of fishing are you going to be doing out of the boat? I have a Tracker Pt 175 and have been pretty happy with it. The only thing is that I mostly crappie fish and catfish so if I had it to do over again I would like to go with a center console or at least a boat with less deck. I have a couple of grandkids and the high decks aren't as safe as I would like them to be. I am thinking about trading mine this year or next because of that reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scales
    What kind of fishing are you going to be doing out of the boat? I have a Tracker Pt 175 and have been pretty happy with it. The only thing is that I mostly crappie fish and catfish so if I had it to do over again I would like to go with a center console or at least a boat with less deck. I have a couple of grandkids and the high decks aren't as safe as I would like them to be. I am thinking about trading mine this year or next because of that reason.
    If you are looking to trade, definately look at the Tracker Pro Crappie 175. Same size as the PT 175 but designed much better for crappie fishing. We love ours and the lower decks allow our dogs to run around without the worry of them jumping off the front deck.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 much like what you are looking at in the Tracker line. I wished I had a Lower deck now that I am crappie fishing. I like the feeling of sitting down in the boat rather than on top of it. I may even go to a stick steer boat again next. Tracker has a wider & longer stick steer I like. Found a boat Mfg in Ark. that makes a stick steer with a steer wheel on that side and offers a bigger motor on it. It sure looks different.

Not much differance between the tracker line of boats than the G3 line. Factories are almost across I-44 from each other. Tracker have Merc Engines and G3 have Yamaha. G3 is owned by Yamaha.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker boats are OK ...

and they're definitely better than they used to be. Just be aware of their package pricing ... (the deal looks real good, until you realize the motor size is not maximized for the boat's length/weight)

You might also want to look into comparable outfits, if you happen to have a dealer in your vicinity -- like G3's, or Xpress Boats.

Here's a comparable Xpress - http://www.xpressboats.com/x18.html

Here's a comparable G3 (mod V) - http://www.g3boats.com/EagleSeries/Eagle185/default.php

(and here's the G3 HP version)
    http://www.g3boats.com/HPSeries/HP180/default.php

One other thing of note (maybe) ... you can only get a Mercury with a Tracker -- Xpress and G3's are powered by Yamaha's ............. cp

Post Thanks / Like

I got a G3 1860 that ive had for about 3 years now. Love it. Check out www.boatboys.com they have a lot to choose from and prices too. I drove up there (Ohio....live in Va.) to get mine and saved over $1000.00 compared to the dealers in this area. As stated before in this thread....make sure you get enough motor whichever kind of boat you choose to buy. Billy

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the Express and the Tracker models. I like the Tracker over the Express for the wieght difference. I have owned 4 Trackers in the PT and PC lines. I wouldn't trade my PC 175 for anything else. My wife loves it because of the seats being lower and with her bad back it makes it alot easier for her to get in and out of. I like being sitting down lower for crappie fishing. I only have a 50 hp on it but that is plenty for most of the lakes I fish. I may not outrun many of the bigger motors but I still get there in plenty of time. Length and stability of the boat is more important to me than how fast it will run and the PC 175 has both. I have a close friend that has a G3 and he loves his as well. The G3 and the PC175 look alot alike in setup. Both handle well in rough water. I don't think you can go wrong with the tracker boat.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned a Tracker TV-17 since 1994 and I still like it. It has a smaller front deck and more floor space which suits me better. Now that I'm older and not so sure footed, I think I would like a deep-sided boat like the Tracker All-Fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Billy,

I drove to Ohio to the same guys (Boat Boys) from MISSISSIPPI and saved abouit $3,000 as compared to the pricing around here for less boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast