PDA

View Full Version : Line counter info

arkdrakehunter
03-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Guys I'm needing some help finding a good dependable line counter to go on my B'n'M trolling poles. I've found a few different brands on ebay, bps and cabelas but I don't know which one to choose from. What's ya'll opinion, which ones do ya'll like or dislike and where is a good place to get them. THANKS:D

STUMP HUNTER
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Here you go
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/123356-okuma-pro-line-counter-reel.html

PBUG2009
03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
try gander mt

feelay
03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX Northwoods Wholesale Outlet (http://www.northwoodsoutlet.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4098)

"G"
03-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I recently bought two of the Okuma dx 15's from Northwoods. Great reels and a great price.

creekslick
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Franksgreatoutdoors.com

arkdrakehunter
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys. Got me going in the right directions.

prchjerker
03-02-2010, 11:23 PM
okumas have the worst drag system of any line counter out there.I have at least a half dozen of them in my junk reel box.For the money you cant go wrong with a Diawa accudepth reel for the money.Not as much as the sealine series but has a smooth drag.

yikess
03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
okumas have the worst drag system of any line counter out there.I have at least a half dozen of them in my junk reel box.For the money you cant go wrong with a Diawa accudepth reel for the money.Not as much as the sealine series but has a smooth drag.

I have used seven of them for the past three years and the Okuma drag system still work perfectly including the clicker.

BigKyd
03-02-2010, 11:38 PM

Just like any other reel, you have to loosen the drag when not in use so as not to compress the discs.

feelay
03-03-2010, 08:18 AM

You must be trollin' up some big crappie!

zappaf19
03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
I was just looking to buy one myself. Thanks guys!
Bill

prchjerker
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Actually Ive used line counters for at least 15 years.Tournament fishing for walleyes and Salmon fishing on the great Lakes. Okumas drags are not very smooth they dont adjust right, not to mention the spool tension caps come loose too easy losing the caps and springs if you dont watch them carefully.Just stating my experience and the experiences of friends up here who have been using lines counter for a number of years. With crappie fishing pulling cranks especially if youre using boards if the drag isnt smooth your going to lose fish.My experience with Diawa linecounters have been great as well as Scheels brand reels. For the money the accudepths are great. If you're hard core spend the extra and go for the Sealine series.I use my linecounters more than any other reel when fishing eyes and use them alot in the summer for crappies.