Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake Report

What's up with the KLR? The last one was in June and I was told it will be back soon when some security issues are taken care of but I've not heard anything lately. I sure enjoyed the report. Anyone have any info on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Klr

Not sure what happened to Richard. He has not posted his fishing reports for some time now. He may be too busy fishing to get on the computer. I am sure that he gets pretty busy in the summertime. Hopefully he will start giving a few reports on where the crappie are this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    What's up with the KLR? The last one was in June and I was told it will be back soon when some security issues are taken care of but I've not heard anything lately. I sure enjoyed the report. Anyone have any info on it?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it biologists for the Kentucky Dept of Fish & Wildlife conducting the study? What does that have to do with Richard? I thought he was just reporting their findings? The KDF&W website shows reports into the first week of June and then stops. I guess I'll have to inquire there.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an email to the KDF&W inquiring about the project. Maybe we can get a reply from them regarding the status of the report. If I hear from them I'll let you know.

Bart

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Study

In 2003 the crappie study also ended suddenly in the early summer months. I emails Phister and asked him about that and was told that the internal batteries had died and that is why the study ended. Until they can get batteries that last longer the studys will only last for a few months. They did conduct a spring and Fall study in 2003 and the results were on the KDFW web site that last time I looked this spring. They also did a 2004 spring study in another bay down river from Blood River. Those results were being posted on the KDNR site also

I too wish that those KY biologists would begin posting links and reports on the crappie fishing in this forum. I guess when the old forum died they failed to register in this new forum for some reason.

I thought you were talking about the fishing reports for KY lake that this web site setup for Richard to use. He had not really been posting crappie fishing reports in here like he did last year in the old crappie.com web site. I guess he is so busy fishing that he didn't have the time to post any reports this summer.

I am all for more fishing reports from all those sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    Isn't it biologists for the Kentucky Dept of Fish & Wildlife conducting the study? What does that have to do with Richard? I thought he was just reporting their findings? The KDF&W website shows reports into the first week of June and then stops. I guess I'll have to inquire there.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Moose! The pictures that correspond with the 04 weekly reports are helpful. I sure wish they had reports and pics for the entire year. Maybe for 05 they will concentrate on June through October.

Post Thanks / Like

I would post reports, but have not been fishing much in the last several months due to health and other reasons. Hopefully I will resume crappie fishing very soon and then will start posting reports again.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope you get well soon Mate

I sure hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with the health Richard. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    I would post reports, but have not been fishing much in the last several months due to health and other reasons. Hopefully I will resume crappie fishing very soon and then will start posting reports again.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I got a reply from the KDF&W on the Crappie Project. I asked if there was any consideration given to reports from June through November.

KDF&W:
    We actually tried to do late fall/early winter movement patterns this past year. However, we had problems - the fish that were implanted died. We guess they had problems coming through the surgery. As water temps cool, a fishes immune system slows and making it more difficult for them to survive. Also, when water temps are too warm fish have difficulty. We recently tried to implant tags in walleye and none of them survived the surgery. So, we stopped and waited to this past week for them.

I understand your interest in the June to November time period. It would be nice to have that info. But because of the above problems and because our primary objective was to try to inform anglers on where and how to get on black crappie - when most anglers are at the lake fishing for crappie - we do not have plans to radio tag during this time period.

The little data we have during the summer/fall indicate that little movement actually occurs until water temps begin to fall. So, it would not surprise me if patterns were the same from June to mid- to late October. We do not know what they do from October to the early winter months.

The actual study as far as field work is completed. We plan to put all the data together and hopefully put something out for anglers to use. Thanks for your interest and support of this study. If you have additional questions, please give me a call.

I thought it very considerate of the KDF&W to take the time for a detailed recponce. Hats off to the KDF&W for their efforts on the Crappie Project. I wish we had folks like that in my home state.