Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 19th annual Red Stick Day - Sat March 6

Post Thanks / Like

Default 19th annual Red Stick Day - Sat March 6

The Red Stick Fly Fishers will host their 19th annual fly fishing conclave, aka "Red Stick Day", on Saturday, March 6, 2010, at the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Waddill Education Center, 4141 N. Flannery Rd, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

The seminar is FREE and open to the public. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. with registration, coffee and donuts. Fly tying and programs begin at 9:00am, and continue until 3:00pm. Programs cover a wide range of topics - something for everyone! They include:
    - Fly Fishing Basics
    - Inshore Sight Casting
    - Fly Fishing Arkansas' Little Red River
    - Casting Basics
    - Fishing Louisiana's Scenic Streams
    - Cooking Today's Catch
    - Secrets of A Successful Kayak Fisherman
    - Googling the Backcountry

Fly tyers from Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Florida will be demonstrating their patterns. Attendees can test cast rods, or test paddle kayaks. There's even good fishing on premises, so bring your tackle! No better way to learn fly fishing than actually doing it.

A jambalaya lunch for $5 will be available. There's the big raffle for flies, tackle, equipment, and other items, and a Gamblers Draw at noon. Proceeds from the raffle benefit Boy Scouts, Fly Fishing 101, National Hunting and Fishing Day, and BREC conservation projects.

For more details on this event, check Red Stick Fly Fishers - Home

For of-fish-al 2010 Red Stick Day flyer, go to: http://www.rsff.org/uploads/info/201...ve_leaflet.pdf

P.S. Sneaky Pete is on the agenda!
    Member, Kisatchie Fly Fishers - www.kisatchiefly.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishesWithFlies View Post
    The Red Stick Fly Fishers will host their 19th annual fly fishing conclave, aka "Red Stick Day", on Saturday, March 6, 2010, at the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Waddill Education Center, 4141 N. Flannery Rd, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana....P.S. Sneaky Pete is on the agenda!
    I was doing a completely random Google search last night and stumbled upon this ... and noticed Pete was a presenter. Wish I could make it, but I'll be tied up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I was doing a completely random Google search last night and stumbled upon this ... and noticed Pete was a presenter. Wish I could make it, but I'll be tied up.
    Hey DB4D -
    You staying alive? (I just had to do that! :D)
    Yeah, Baton Rouge is a long way from GA. Besides, you all have more creeks up there than we could ever hope for. Still, we do have a few really good ones - even caught two shadow bass (I believe it's Ambloplites arriomus) in one of them. Imagine that - in Louisiana!
    Anyway, maybe we'll cross tracks one day. If you ever run across Borgwat, (There ain't but one of 'em in Georgia! ) tell him "Hi!" from Sneakypete. We go back a ways.
    Bon chance, cher.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    If you ever run across Borgwat, (There ain't but one of 'em in Georgia! ) tell him "Hi!" from Sneakypete. We go back a ways.
    Bon chance, cher.
    Pete
    I'll keep an eye out for him. Good luck with your classes.