PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Jon Boat

jcd
02-28-2010, 11:50 PM
I might be purchasing a new jon boat soon...Does anyone have any recommendations on any?...I am looking for a 15ft or 16ft boat...I have been looking at lowe all welded jon boats and tracker roughnecks...I probably looking to spend no more than 2500 for the boat...I probably will find purchase a used trailer..

I have a 25 hp hand tiller engine that runs well..

Would appreciate any suggestions..I usually just fish the lakes that are just over 1000 acres or so..

Jeremy
Thanks
Bye

jwz4
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
These guys have the best prices on welded aluminum boats that I've found. I have a buddy that uses one for duck hunting and it is one sweet rig. Lowest Prices on Aluminum boats at The Nations Largest Weldbilt boat Dealer fishing boats duck boats Jon boats flat bottom boats Alabama Boat Dealers (http://www.backwoodslanding.com/index.html)

jcd
03-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi JWZ24,

I took a look at the boat website....Yeah, they have some great prices..But, not sure if would be worth the drive?...I live by St.Louis..

Thanks for the link..

Jeremy

JET4
03-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Look at the J series Carolina Skiff. You can set it up any way you want to.

crappiefarmer
03-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Look at the J series Carolina Skiff. You can set it up any way you want to.

+1.CF

rocket rich
03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Craigslist In The St Louis Has A Lot Of Great Deals. Don't Sell Yourself Short Don't Know Where You Are Located But 16 Foot Is Good, Some States Have Different Rules For Under 16 Foot That's Why I Have A 1544 With The Center Seat Removed.

NIMROD
03-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Legend Craft Inc (http://www.legendcraft.com/)

Look , this is a small Arkansas company that can custom build. They are good guys that stand by their products. Call they may have a dealer near you.:cool:

Countrytime
03-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Alumacraft 1546 All Weld. It is open thru out and has a big front deck with a mod V front. I have one and I am absolutely satisfied with it, there is a Alumacraft dealership in Dublin Georgia called Dublin Marine. The owners have told me on many occassions this is the boat everyone buys down here because of it's versatility. You can river or lake fish with them. Throw your tiller handle 25hp on the back and you are set. You can go to the Alumacraft website to find a retailer near you. If considering a new motor the 25hp Yamaha 2 strokes are great and you can get one from www.onlineoutboards.com They will ship it straight to your door. Good prices.
No tax, no shipping.

gatoloco
03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Alumacraft 1546 All Weld. I have one and love it. I got mine through Academy hear in Dallas I got it for 1500 with Trailer. I have a 25hp e-rude and it goes where I need it to go.

Nice little boat!

Fishbone
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I spent some time at the Sea Ark booth at Bass Masters several weekends ago. They have a Cat series that looks freakin' bullet proof.
It's worth a look...

CastandBlast
03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
seaark or war eagle

Hotrod2
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Definitely look at sea ark boats, theres not a tuffer alum boat on the market.

Locator79
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I fish out of a 1648 Fisher (same as the Tracker grizzly). Its a great boat, had it for about four or five years now and it has been nothing but reliable. I have hit every stump in every lake, had it stuck more times than I would like to talk about, it has been in 3' waves. Its just missing a little paint here and there. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

jwz4
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi JWZ24,

I took a look at the boat website....Yeah, they have some great prices..But, not sure if would be worth the drive?...I live by St.Louis..

Thanks for the link..

Jeremy

Sorry forgot to look at your location. You might want to give them a call and see if you could have one shipped directly to you. I know the are made in Arkansas...

skeetbum
03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Good advice so far. All I would add is to not scrimp on the trailer. Easy launch and load makes the day, a cheesy trailer makes them a nightmare. Get one set up to drive on and look into plastic pads for the bunks. You can't undo the rope on the front until it's at the waters edge or it will slide off onto the ramp. Really work well and your bunks last forever. The bigger the wheels the easier they trailer and launch on natural ramps. Just my 2 cents.