Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spidder rigging poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default spidder rigging poles

What would a set up for a four rod holder be like . Do the four poles need to be the same length are different. also what is the best type of pole to use . maybe just a stiff bream buster are a different type of pole.I want to try this trolling thing but dont want to put in a lot of money.and be going the wrong way with it . I got the jig fishing and the dock shooting down pretty good. just dont know much about the trolling part.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just tried the trolling thing myself. I have used several rods of different lengths and have not been really happy with my set up but wanted to try it a few times before spending alot of money also.

Post Thanks / Like

well its hard to anser realy most use rod from 10 to 16 foot some use all the same some dont theres rods out there from way cheap to way costly its all on the way your wanting to troll
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

btw fire you have a pm
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some 12 ft. silstar rods from monks for 13.00 ea. at that price you cant go wrong. They look pretty nice havent use them yet. too long for ice fishing.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

B'n'M has the West Point trolling rods at a good price also. I use 4 B'n'M Sam Heaton Super Sensitive in the 10ft lengths because of lack of storage space in my boat. Most guys use the longer rods directly in front of the boat to avoid tangling with the trolling motor prop but I use the 10 footers with very little problems out front.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I only have 12 footers but most of the fishermen around here use 2 14 footers in the middle and the rest are 12 footers.

Post Thanks / Like

i was wondering what type i looked at the star rods and thought about going with them i didnot know if there would be a certain stiffness are not