Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: at home rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default at home rod holders

I used the search and come up empty handed so i thought i would ask. I have approx. 25 rod and reels that are scattered around my garage and boat shed. was wondering what kind of rig i could make here at home fairly inexpensive to hang or hold my rod and reels up out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

get a stick on 2" pvc and cut into 6" tubes and band them to the wal you can even cut a noch out for reel to side down into
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

that is a good idea. i tried drilling holes in a 2x4 today and putting several together but didn't work like i wanted it to.

Post Thanks / Like

Default At home rod holders

I have seen some people build an overhead rack , 2 sections, and lay the rod and reels side by side just within reach.

Post Thanks / Like

i used the 2" pvc, drilled an oversized hole for the screw drill nib on one side and a pilot hole for the screw on the opposite side and screwed them to the bottom of my floor joists.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done it on the wall with pvc, but I took it down lost to much room in the garage. I built a wood frame and fastened the pvc in it and hung it from the ceiling. the best thing I ever done. Also I don't have to worry about the grandkids using them as swords. lol
    SHUTUPANDFISH!!! SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, NOT MY INTENTION, MUST HAVE BEEN A GATOR OR LONGHORN FAN. ROLL AGAIN TIDE. HOOAH!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Use the pipe insulation strips for 3/4" pipe.

The foam strips that are round but have a slit all the way down are the ticket. Just screw them to the wall horizontally, then cut slits in them vertically. Let the butt of the rod set on the floor and put the rod in the vertical slits and it will hold them fine. A 3 foot piece of this stuff is very cheap and works great.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

I used PVC to make a frame and hung them from the ceiling.

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

someone posted on here about using the plastic lattice leftovers. That looked good to me. Cheap and it makes it a green product.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

2 1x4s cut about 6ft long with 1/4in wooden dowles cut about 3in long.drill 1/4holes in 1x4s on a little angle. glue dowels in 1x4s then screw 1x4s to the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast