Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Map Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Map Help!

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and thought I could maybe find an answer here. I fish Truman Lake almost exclusively and I just bought a Humminbird 1197 NVB. I was disappointed that the map only covers about 2/3 of the lake and I fish the whole lake. Does anyone know of a map chip that does cover the entire lake? I have found that the new 2010 Navionics still do not cover the whole lake. Any help appreciated as I am about ready to sell it and get a Lowrance since their base map does cover the whole lake.

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is when they were working on the lake they did it from a boat during the winter. Part of the lake was froze and they couldn't get it done for the mapping system. Just what I've heard so I hope it helps. There's probably a few who know better than I.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard that also unfortunately it was after I bought this unit. I have also heard that if you can find a 2004 chip it has the whole lake. I find it hard to believe that my 7 year old Garmin has better map coverage. It would be nice if Navionics and Humminbird would at least put a asterick by lakes that are not fully covered. Like always buyer beware!