Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: deep cycle batteries from wal-mart

Post Thanks / Like

Default deep cycle batteries from wal-mart

a friend had to replace a battery on his boat today, he checked at autozone, their group 27 deep cycle had only a 3 month warranty, since i was at wally world anyways, i said i would check for him there. upon checking i was informed that the deep cycle batteries, along with motorcycle and lawn mower batteries would no longer have any warranty at all. we looked around and advance auto parts still has a 1 yr with 2 yr pro rated. are all the places now wanting to charge higher for deep cycle batteries and not have any warranty, or almost none at all. if i had to buy a new one this yr, i would definitely check around and ask about warranties before i buy. compare batteries and warranties also.just thought i'd share this.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very good advise
    as was considering a battery
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps one should look at the high end batteries, but not only a good buy at the higher price, but has 24 months free replacement on the Blue Top Batteries. We have had more cold weather this year than in a very long time and my batteries have not lost any charge at all even when we had temps in the teens for about a week. It was hanging out side in my boat house which has open walls too.

THat 24 months replacements is on the All BlueTop starting and dual purpose batteries & 12 months on ......Series String Applications with battery management system or CV/CC charge method above (deep cycle only).

Most I have talked to have been using theirs for way longer than 2 years too. Lots of guys say they have had theirs 7 years or longer and still going.

Optima is king of batteries in my book.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why WM is dropping the WX on their deep cycle. I have had to replace mine every year so far. This is the last time as the wx period is up. The gal in the auto section showed me a room full of DC marine batteries that are bad. I am going back to Interstates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwun View Post
    I can see why WM is dropping the WX on their deep cycle. I have had to replace mine every year so far. This is the last time as the wx period is up. The gal in the auto section showed me a room full of DC marine batteries that are bad. I am going back to Interstates.
    Interstate=Exide=Everstart. Same battery, different stickers.

Walmart is just now switching back to Johnson Controls, which means that Everstart=ACDelco. Same battery, different stickers.

Post Thanks / Like

I Bought And New 31 Battery From Walmart Last Sept And It Has A 2 Year Warranty On It. When You Say Wally World Are You Referring To Walmart?? I Had Bad Luck With A Ellis Battery Every Year So I Went To Walmart On The Advise Of Cdc Member And So Far I'm Happy.. I Think,, As I Haven't Use It Yet This Year And Had It On A On Board Charger All Winter.. Laid Up With Shingles And It Is Really Pain Full. Can't Seem To Get It Under Control.

Post Thanks / Like

yes i figure wal mart has to honor the warranty on the ones sold in the past, but now the future ones will be without a warranty at all, i guess if i need one i'll have to go with one with a warranty even if it means more money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I Bought And New 31 Battery From Walmart Last Sept And It Has A 2 Year Warranty On It. When You Say Wally World Are You Referring To Walmart?? I Had Bad Luck With A Ellis Battery Every Year So I Went To Walmart On The Advise Of Cdc Member And So Far I'm Happy.. I Think,, As I Haven't Use It Yet This Year And Had It On A On Board Charger All Winter.. Laid Up With Shingles And It Is Really Pain Full. Can't Seem To Get It Under Control.
    Why do you capitalize every word? Just curious.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does everyone buy ? I've bought lots of Walmart battries. They were cheap but never lasted much past the year warrenty for me.:rolleyes:
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Same manufacturer does not mean the same battery is used by changing stickers. That may happen some but for 35 years my brother worked for GM They made alternators for 9 different car companies world wide. They all looked the same but the specs were different.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Interstate=Exide=Everstart. Same battery, different stickers.

Walmart is just now switching back to Johnson Controls, which means that Everstart=ACDelco. Same battery, different stickers.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast