Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Reflection !

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Reflection !

I'd like to take a moment to stop and look back at the past Year I've seen beginners ,become skilled ty'ers.I seen skilled ty'ers become Great teacher's, I've seen people from all parts come togather for a common cause its very rewarding to know there's a certian class of people left in this country that share a common view point,(carrying on a life long tradition) that some would try to do away with.I think We all choose Our own roads to travel,but We travel one in common Keep up the tying Never say that something won't work and don't be afraid to try something new!

Flat
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well said Flat.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Amen to that . This is without a doubt the most unselfish and helpful forum I have ever seen.

Seems like we all enjoy one another 's success.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Post Thanks / Like

I was satisfied with my ties until I joined cc.The swaps I joined certainly raised the bar. My jig painting has really improved,so much that I've been selling boxes of painted heads on ebay because now I don't feel like tying on the"OLD" heads. One particular jig style using thread as the body is now one of my favorites.I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2010. Now for some nice weather to try out all the new baits I made for myself this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post - ff46 - you are up there

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know jack when I came on here and everyone was more than willing to help me learn, to say I've learned alot is a BIG understatement! Swaps challenged me to try new styles, always some new info to soak up.... I just hope I challenge others in return.

Most members here are "real" people unlike most fly sites and other fishing sites I have been on. I thank you all! Just wish I knew alot of you as more than just a username.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile It's Been Fun !!

I can't say that I am a skilled jig tier yet..but what I have learned on this forum, it's OK if you make something ugly...or if your jig falls apart after tying...or if you come up with something " out of the box"...and I give you all permission to chuckle !!..:D
    But the most important thing I have learned is the friendships I have made here and the bottom line is I am having FUN !!

MaryLou~~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flatfish46 View Post
    I'd like to take a moment to stop and look back at the past Year I've seen beginners ,become skilled ty'ers.I seen skilled ty'ers become Great teacher's, I've seen people from all parts come togather for a common cause its very rewarding to know there's a certian class of people left in this country that share a common view point,(carrying on a life long tradition) that some would try to do away with.I think We all choose Our own roads to travel,but We travel one in common Keep up the tying Never say that something won't work and don't be afraid to try something new!

Flat
    here" here"you said it ff.JJJ has really brought it together w/ this swap as well,as if he took into account all the good and bad of this last year ,evaluated it" and kept it as simple as any swapmiester could possibly make it by giving us a swap that brings everyone together in spirit,health,and mind. This we can all be truly grateful.I can only hope that what I am able to contribute may be half as rewarding.

...still waiting on my jig order from last week ff

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!