Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!

I'm not new to crappie fishing, but I am needing some advice on finding them on Lake of Egypt, particularily in late winter and spring.
    How much does the hot water discharge affect crappie location? Any and all info appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hairylures View Post
    I'm not new to crappie fishing, but I am needing some advice on finding them on Lake of Egypt, particularily in late winter and spring.
    How much does the hot water discharge affect crappie location? Any and all info appreciated!
    The discharge affect's the crappie in the area alot now this is just my oppoin, least week my friend's ended up with 25/few bass you will almost allway's catch a few them!!
    I lived on the lake and fished it many year.
    In the winter we uased to follow the steam from the warm water discharge.as the wind blew it around from cove to cove. that was key reason being the other side of the lake froze up but were the warm water did not the fish were! The dam side was the key most of the time as if you can find the weed line in these area's they can be productive! Did you try the ILL. board as i dont want to give up no honey hole's as my friend's will be staying at my residence,and fishing some lakes in my area,good luck!RFY
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RF. I'll start watching the steam and following the hot water. Now if I can just find the fish!